A Hard Knoxx Life Vol.7

beknoxx

7/11 7/11
VIP Junglist
So I just finished my new mix and it took me awhile to finish. Been really busy lately. I've been leaving a lot of feedback over the past few weeks on here so I was hoping I could get some in return. I know Tears/Unnoficial Jah could have been better as well as Biomechanics but other then that it's pretty solid. Check it out some different styles of D&B and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/beknoxx/a-hard-knoxx-life-vol-7

- - - Updated - - -

1. Technimatic - Bristol
2. Silence Groove - Get You
3. Spectrasoul - Hearts
4. Arp Xp - Winters In Sardinia (Calibre Rmx)
5. Blu Mar Ten - Half the Sky
6. Random Movement - Open Circuit
7. Dima Pulsar, DJ M.S. - Not My Mistake
8. Silent Type - Tears
9. Dom and Roland - Unofficial Jah
10. Homemade Weapons and Gremlinz - After Dark feat. Collinjah( J. Kenzo RMX)
11. Hydro, War and Mateba - Entropy
12. Gridlok and Prolix - Snowed In
13. Silent Type and Sativa Dub - Distance
14. Total Science - Positive Vibration
15. Bazil - Hold Your Thought
16. Dom and Roland - Outta Endz
17. Safire - The Power Of Thought
18. Friction - Long Gone Memory feat. Arlissa ( Ulterior Motive Rmx)
19. Bazil and Trichome - Break It Up
20. Hybris, Quadrant, D-Struct and Iris - Graphene
21. Silent Witness and Break - The Quickening
22. Mindmapper and Fre4knc - Apparatus
23. Icicle - Anxious
24. Survival and Silent Witness - Paddy
25. Gridlok and Prolix - Sociopath
26. Optiv and Cza - Sight Unseen
27. Helicopter - Biomechanics
28. Silent Witness and Prolix - Haunted Stars
29. Silent Type and Sativa Dub - You Can't Hide
30. DC Breaks - Gambino
31. Animal Defection - Donkey ( Hanzo and Randie Rmx)
32. Rockwell - Sick Of It All
33. Hanzo and Randie - Shona
34. Blu Mar Ten - In Your Eyes feat. Agne Genyte

Hey mate just listened to your mix. I love the way you drift your mixes together and each tune you drop moves the over all mix in a darker direction. Initially there is a bit of key clash on the 2nd and third tune I think. Other than that good solid mix.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the listen and the feedback Gruff....following you back on SC now too. Yeah I don't really know keys I just kind of put stuff together ha ha but I understand what you are saying. I usually try to start with the liquid and progress into the heavier stuff...... IDK why i just always have but thanks for picking up on that.

Pretty solid mix all together Beknoxx. Not usually keen on people fiddling about flicking between tunes, but it worked in most cases in your mix. Thought that Unofficial Jah - After Dark rmx mix could have been mixed as opposed to switched. But enjoyed the After Dark rmx - Entropy mix the most, which made up for the switch before. Felt really podcasty with alot of tunes just building up to drop on their own without keeping the mix in. Try keeping both tunes in at the drop as it mixes things up a bit and keeps the mix from becoming predictable. Tight mixing right the way through

Thanks for the listen Watcha! First off I think I'm following you on SC now but it's not The Watcha but it's your refine show and I'm looking forward to the next one. A litle confused on the Unofficial Jah/ After Dark comment. I mixed After Dark from the very beginning.... if you listen at the 16:08 mark you can actually hear me push After Dark to catch the beat up with Unnoficial Jah so I'm not sure if I'm just misunderstanding the termanology that you are using as everybody uses different slang so to speak with DJ'ing. I know what you mean about the traks building up and dropping on their own but that is actually the way I like to play. I like double drops sometimes but i only play on two decks and when you double drop it makes it hard to catch the break on the next mix ya know. I did double drop You Can't Hide/Gambino tho just to show i can if I want ha ha. Big ups for the feedback and I will see if i can't work some more doubles in on the next one!

Felt really podcasty with alot of tunes just building up to drop on their own without keeping the mix in.

Found it hahahaha..... almost 6 years ago and it was very true. Honest feedback is the best as I started applying more to the blends after this.
Ez

Back
Top Bottom