A HAAA moment

Sub-FreQ

just had a realisation moment with compression.
say your compressed channel needs turning up and your compressor settings are how you want them.
would turning up the volume fader effect the compressor settings?
also putting a gain on the end of my chain would give me alternative volume control?

please can someone help me. i’m trying so hard to get my head round compression in general.

after thinking about it some more....
it would depend on how i set the compression up in the 1st place? on a single channel strip / bus compression

to be a bit more clear
3 layered snares going in to a bus for compression. i turn up one of the snare faders up , would that effect the compression in the end chain. i’m thinking yes, but its only minor adjustments i want to make

didn't even clock the first reply was you..

adjusting my volume faders doesn't affect the signal in my plugins in the chain. This is why I will boost or lower levels inside the plugins (eq for example) then it runs into the compressor or limiter at the level i want.

I think if you are running them into a bus, it will affect the compression on the bus though, you want to get the level of your individuals hit set, before finalising your compression settings (thresh hold i guess you're concerned about).

Back
Top Bottom