A&H XONE DB2 and Traktor

Mintaka

Supid question I know (I'm new) but if I connect my db2 with traktor on a laptop can I still use the mixers on board effects? I simply want traktor to replace my CDjs and also be able to store and recal my music store cue points etc in one central location. Was thinking of the cdj2000 and record box however I can't justify paying 3k for some cd players.

I love my db2 in everyway, have no interest in traktor effects, just the abilityto play, cue and loop on the fly whilst being able to access my music library and sync tracks. Done the beat matching thing all learnt now want to focus more on transitions and effects within the mix.

Thanks all

Supid question I know (I'm new) but if I connect my db2 with traktor on a laptop can I still use the mixers on board effects? I simply want traktor to replace my CDjs and also be able to store and recal my music store cue points etc in one central location. Was thinking of the cdj2000 and record box however I can't justify paying 3k for some cd players.

I love my db2 in everyway, have no interest in traktor effects, just the abilityto play, cue and loop on the fly whilst being able to access my music library and sync tracks. Done the beat matching thing all learnt now want to focus more on transitions and effects within the mix.Thanks all

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So you just want to use a DB2 with a laptop?

That mixer is wasted on you sir.
I want to use my mixer as it is and not waste all the functionality of it, I just don't care for CDjs/turntables etc, I have never used a laptop or software, only ever done CDs or USB mp3s. I don't have any decks anymore just my mixer, wanted to know if there was a way I could still use my mixer as it was intended without having to get some more cd decks and simply utilise my laptop and some software. Is this possible or will using the software remove functions of the mixer?

Thanks

just buy a controller for traktor. Sell your mixer to someone who wants to use it for the purpose it was intended......ie placed between 2 decks.
In theory you are wanting to use a 13000 mixer for a job that a 200 pound controller can do....surely....

just buy a controller for traktor. Sell your mixer to someone who wants to use it for the purpose it was intended......ie placed between 2 decks.
In theory you are wanting to use a 13000 mixer for a job that a 200 pound controller can do....surely....

I understand what you are saying, however what I wanted to know having never used traktor or any software based program, will using software stop me from utilising the mixers functionality (eq, effects etc) in other words is the mixer rendered useless when playing music from a laptop as opposed to cd decks, I was simply under the impression that the mixer would work in the same way as it does when connected to cd decks/ turntables as only the audio input has changed.

If not I will get some more cd decks, I love this mixer!

There are shit loads of people using ableton and traktor on their db2/4 and still utilising the mixer not as a controller. Something like a k2 or x1 is used To launch tracks etc. I don't think these mixers were made just to run cd players and medieval fucking turntables. Cock

There are shit loads of people using ableton and traktor on their db2/4 and still utilising the mixer not as a controller. Something like a k2 or x1 is used To launch tracks etc. I don't think these mixers were made just to run cd players and medieval fucking turntables. Cock

you sir, are a cunt

Dont get shirty mate.

Firstly, no it wont work. How do you plan on altering pitch etc with an analog mixer?

Also those "medievil fucking turntables" are amazing pieces of technology, and still very much used today by a hell of a lot of people.

So just think before talking.

If you want to mix with a laptop etc, just get a little toys r us traktor S2 or something.
I dont understand how you could possibly imagine this working well. How do you plan on queuing tunes? Altering pitch? Actually beatmatching the tunes? How do you plan on actually connecting your DB2 to your laptop?

Just get some cheap cdj's or a controller or something mate.

Your being an idiot, thats why your getting the shit ripped out of you.

Dont get shirty mate.

Firstly, no it wont work. How do you plan on altering pitch etc with an analog mixer?

Also those "medievil fucking turntables" are amazing pieces of technology, and still very much used today by a hell of a lot of people.

So just think before talking.

If you want to mix with a laptop etc, just get a little toys r us traktor S2 or something.
I dont understand how you could possibly imagine this working well. How do you plan on queuing tunes? Altering pitch? Actually beatmatching the tunes? How do you plan on actually connecting your DB2 to your laptop?

Just get some cheap cdj's or a controller or something mate.

Your being an idiot, thats why your getting the shit ripped out of you.

Ok thanks for the info however regarding me getting the shit ripped out of me...hardly. I should have know this forum was full of turntable "proper" dj fan boys who dont rate anything other vinyl. Peace bitches.

21752744.jpg

I love my db2 in everyway, have no interest in traktor effects, just the abilityto play, cue and loop on the fly whilst being able to access my music library and sync tracks. Done the beat matching thing all learnt now want to focus more on transitions and effects within the mix.

Thanks all

Hi mate, I actually registered just to answer your question. I was browsing google and this came up, so I'd hate for other people looking for info to be put off getting an analog mixer for a digital setup, just because a few ill informed people decide to spit nonsense your way. I don't understand why you got so much negativity for asking this question and to be honest why the people who are telling you to just get a NI Kontrol S4 and then berating it as a Toys-R-Us controller is very confusing.... So I'll just give my 2 cents as a DJ who came from the same path as you (decks) and decided to go digital.

The answer to your question is that you can use the Xone DB2 with all of its functionality, you just need to buy an external sound card and some sort of controller. Native Instruments have the X1 controller and Allen & Heath just released the K2. I personally use a XONE 2D, which has an 8 channel sound card and is also a Midi controller. Either way, you'll have to do your research on which suits you, but the K2 and X1 are pretty nice (and yes, you can still control pitch, queues, loops etc). You will just have to look into a good sound card to go with this.

Then, you go from your laptop via USB into the sound card, which breaks the signal out into an input for your mixer (usually RCA, for each channel you have in traktor to one channel on the mixer). From there you then mix normally via your Analogue mixer and go out to your speakers/amp. So essentially, it's mixing post digital. Just make sure you set Traktor so it knows you are mixing externally. There is an option to select your sound card and then select external mixer, it's very easy to do.

One advantage of this that all of the people who were badmouthing you failed to mention, is that when you play out, you don't need to take your massive mixer-controller with you to clubs. You are used to the layout of a mixer and you just need to bring your sound card and small controller with you and plug it into the clubs mixer. Also, if you decide to get vinyl at home you can still add it in.

There is nothing wrong with this setup, it's just another way of doing the exact same thing. That is mixing tunes. There's nothing wrong with having a quality mixer. The feel and ergonimics of a AH DB2 are far superior to a Kontrol S2 or S4, so if you can afford to do it, why not? You'll more than likely be mixing in clubs on an analog mixer, so definitely have your home setup in the same way.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Yeah the S4 is shit.

I've used it at college and the Eqs are rubbish. Its unlistenable when two tracks are playing simultaneously. I'm pretty sure the bass only lowers by 6 or 12 dB which is nowhere near enough when mixing bass heavy music.

just stumbled across this thread.
vinyl users arent dinosaurs. Its just a medium of preference.

i'd personally say buy some CDJ's. You can't be short of a few bob if you have a DB2, and it would be easier if you ever play out.

Not that your likely to ever see a DB2 or 4 in a club unless your Andy C...
Not sure why you'd need one for home mixing.

just stumbled across this thread.
vinyl users arent dinosaurs. Its just a medium of preference.

i'd personally say buy some CDJ's. You can't be short of a few bob if you have a DB2, and it would be easier if you ever play out.

Not that your likely to ever see a DB2 or 4 in a club unless your Andy C...
Not sure why you'd need one for home mixing.

This entirely.

Might as well flog the db2 and get a xone 92 and a pair of cdj's =P. Thats what id do in your position.

Back
Top Bottom