A freeware program that fakes stereo?

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Over the weekend myself and a friend of mine threw down a sick 1992 mix. Unfortunatly the mini-plug going into my sound card wasn't inserted all the way which is something I found out after the fact. As a result the mix is in mono on both the left and right.

Is there a freeware program that I can download which can just take either the mono left or right, double it, and shift it so that it can "simulate" the stereo field?

I have a concept of how this works but I don't think the audio editor I have can pull this off because its fairly lame when it comes to doing stuff like this.

Is there a freeware program that I can download which can just take either the mono left or right, double it, and shift it so that it can "simulate" the stereo field?

Try "Audacity" (free from http://audacity.sourceforge.net). You could double up your mono track and then flip one of them so that you've got a kind of "ersatz" stereo.

I've only ever done it with single tunes, and it's a bit slow, so it'll probably take a while for it to process a whole mix...

To my knowledge there's not a lot of point in doing this unless you've got some stuff in one ear and some in the other which will be impossible.

There's a stereo width expander which adds a strange stereo effect or just inverting one side

Back
Top Bottom