A free EP I'm working on

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Fluff, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Fluff

Fluff Active Member

Morning all,

I'm sure there are many of us doing the same but for the last few years I've been entering remix competitions and uploading random tracks on Soundcloud. In the cut & thrust world of music its difficult to get people to listen to your tracks so I thought that I'd put together a free EP of tracks on my own terms that in the future I could look back at and feel proud of. But fear not, they aren't radical leftfield tunes but rather lean towards my tastes rather than going for dancefloor dominance trying to be the next Sigma, Wilkinson, etc.
    I would still of course like them to appeal to other people and sound reasonable so I'd appreciate any feedback people can give me.

Here are the tracks so far.

Thanks for listening

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I am totally digging the first track. I will give better feedback when I have more time.

3. SuBKA

SuBKA Member

First track is really great. The Mix is a bit muddy but the bassline is funky as hell.
    I wouldn't enjoy dancing to Sigma or Wilkinson that much anyway.

The only thing I'd really criticise is that you need to EQ your mix more, it often sounds like there are frequencies in different elements that should be cut out or reduced to make it sound more clean.

4. Fluff

Fluff Active Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't get a lot of chance to test tracks out on other people who will pick out stuff I've got blind to.

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Happy to listen

6. Fluff

Fluff Active Member

For those who might be interested I finished these tracks and they are up on http://alwilson.bandcamp.com/ as free (or pay what you want) to download.
    Cheers