A few mixing issues

Scatcat

It don't mean shit
VIP Junglist
Using CDJ-400s with DJM-400, all leads are good, but the levels are almost always in the red - even when the channel faders are low, the master volume is down and the trim is turned down a bit?

It doesn't sound wholly bad til I try to record and the bass just overpowers the whole mix .

Not really sure what's going on, but any ideas wold be much appreciated.

ALSO - I'm trying to use "wide" pitching while mixing using USB sticks, but it won't let me - any help on this would also be appreciated.

Thaafe

Confused by "trim turned down a bit". Play a tune with the master volume in the centre and the trim all the way down, then increase the trim until the channel peaks at 0, then increase/decrease master volume until it peaks at 0 too.

Last edited:
you might want to check that you have the input (there might be a little switch for phono or line by the input on the back - make sure it is on line) and that the phono/line switch above the eq's is on line too.

if all the above is OK then Harry3's method is the way forward!

Confused by "trim turned down a bit". Play a tune with the master volume in the centre and the trim all the way down, then increase the trim until the channel peaks at 0, then increase/decrease master volume until it peaks at 0 too.

yeh that seems to help - wasn't too sure what trim was haha

Back
Top Bottom