A drumstep/dnb tune i made. What do you guys think?

I do like it. But it feels a bit empty when Badman comes in. It's like there isn't any pads if you know what I mean.
I didn't like the way it ends. Too abrupt imo :)

You are getting there Luke :)

Not too bad man (pun not intended).

Right away I can tell you the snare is getting overpowered by the keys. Either sidechain the keys with the snare acting as a trigger, or notch cut your keys to let the snare shine through a bit more.

I agree with Menosance; at :54 when it drops, there needs to be some elements in here to help transition the track a bit better. A combination of a crash FX at the drop as well as some type of pad or synth playing in the background over the bass sequence would help add a bit more "space." That said, I do like the bass sequence. I would like to hear other bass sounds though–perhaps still using the same sequence that you have established here. The thing is, that Yoi bass gets a bit redundant, fast.

Nice modulation at 2:31.

The drums are sounding pretty good. I definitely would like to hear more though–perhaps some hi passed breaks and extra percussion sounds. Some fills at the end of some of those measures will help out too.

All in all, the track has a nice groove. It just needs some more elements to maintain interest. And the ending needs to be cleaned up a bit too, it does end a bit abruptly which will make many a DJ shit themself. :)

Keep it up man!

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I see what you mean about the emptiness as I listen to it more. The same goes with the single bass sound especially in the second and third drops.

not really into this bass, I'd try some varating basses. The song doesn't have to be built on this one sound.
Otherwise its nice tho, and I agree with the above: the song needs more subbass and some pads after the drop would be nice

i love the feel its sick and 2.30 goes hard as fuck! the main bass just needs some eq and a little compression to fit around the drums cause your drums are sick and they need to cut through the mix a lot more, u could either side chain the snare and whatever else u feel u need to, or u can cut some freq out the bass and boost a little in the snare and just touch it up where possible to let it shine through cause i wanna hear more drums!

Back
Top Bottom