A bitching set of speakers

boobjunkie

VIP Junglist
I just found out my car has been sold so ive got fat cash to spend an I wanna buy a new set of speakers. Looking to spend somewhere between 200-500 quid, preferably not too big cos i want them to be easily portable, got a kickass technics amp already so thats no worry.

Any advice?

I was gonna make a similar sort of thread today at some point so any ideas about speakers will help me and boobjunkie...
and anything anyone knows about getting a good new amp would help also
cheers...

You don't need stereo for dance music.

i understand where youre coming from but mono??? yeah most dance music is primarily mono, but i dont think is a tune out there thats 100% mono, and besides, who wants to listen to dance music all the time??

i only see mono having one purpose..... its for people with only one ear ;)

to pick the right speakers you should tell us what you want them for... are u after a pair of dj moniters? prod moniters? hifi speakers? nextdoor neighbour terrorisers??

whats your amp rated at?

i understand where youre coming from but mono??? yeah most dance music is primarily mono, but i dont think is a tune out there thats 100% mono, and besides, who wants to listen to dance music all the time??

i only see mono having one purpose..... its for people with only one ear ;)

to pick the right speakers you should tell us what you want them for... are u after a pair of dj moniters? prod moniters? hifi speakers? nextdoor neighbour terrorisers??

whats your amp rated at?

I'm after some neighbour terrorisers, for playing small parties and ting. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics of my amp, its part of a really old technics hi fi which i got from my dad, i think he either bought it in the 60's or 70's so its fairly vintage, certainly seems to do the trick though.

Neighbour terrorising = one big mono speaker and a sub.

Two smaller ones will cost more . But they might be better for a party if you want to spread them out but that only makes sense in a big room so you can seperate them and channel the sound onto the floor.

Dance music is basically mono. You don't need stereo. There's not much point sticking two speakers 50 cm apart into your bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom