a bass question

AlienWeapon

When you guys do basses for tracks, like neuro type stuff how many different basses do you usually use? I mean Im not looking for anything definitive, but just a rough number. I only ask because I find when arranging bass it always feels too samey. So I was considering using different patches in my phrases rather than working with just one.

First noise lets say its a stab.
layer with a stabby sub,
maybe a warpy/lfo'd high/mid range bass, this part is usually heavily effected, more so than the first.

Then a womp? :teeth:
Layer with a wompy sub.
Then the same thing, add a mid range layer to go through the noise (wherever the noise to begin with is lacking in frequency?)

The formula for me is whatever the lfo or envelope is doing I'll mimmic with the sub then I'll add a layer to mold the sub and the noise together, to give it more depth.

I could then take the noise and make an arrangement resample, granulise maybe? edit sections reverse bits etc....really depends on the track. If a noise i come across by accident or forcefully make is sick, ill focus on that and base the tune around it and try compliment with other noises. But the formula to get the other noises will be the same as above.

First noise lets say its a stab.
layer with a stabby sub,
maybe a warpy/lfo'd high/mid range bass, this part is usually heavily effected, more so than the first.

Then a womp? :teeth:
Layer with a wompy sub.
Then the same thing, add a mid range layer to go through the noise (wherever the noise to begin with is lacking in frequency?)

The formula for me is whatever the lfo or envelope is doing I'll mimmic with the sub then I'll add a layer to mold the sub and the noise together, to give it more depth.

I could then take the noise and make an arrangement resample, granulise maybe? edit sections reverse bits etc....really depends on the track. If a noise i come across by accident or forcefully make is sick, ill focus on that and base the tune around it and try compliment with other noises. But the formula to get the other noises will be the same as above.

This cracks me up! :lol: A much easier said than done. Alienweapon this will be the best fucking advice you will ever get, and good luck for the next few years trying to get it right. Seriously, pay attention to what he just wrote. And ask questions when you need details.

Sammy, thank you for hanging out on this forum in this section. If it means anything to you, you along with others have helped me out a lot. Edit: No Homo

Sammy, thank you for letting me hang out of your ass on this forum in this section. If it means anything to you, your bumming technique is by the best out of the others, it's helped me out a lot. Edit: Full Homo

That's what you really meant

Back
Top Bottom