A 96 tune I have been after for around 14 years

Dizeee

Its a tune that most will know, but it is very specific to its era.

My hunch and for years I have been checking V Recordings for it. I heard it on 1 in the Jungle on BBC Radio in 97 and since then have been longing for it. I heard it after Dillinja's Violent Killa tune.

It is a bassline that is very rare. Elasticated bassline, if you twang a guitar string, it's a bit like that but this is bass and twanged at the end of the riff - so the tune goes- do dah - twwwaaannnnggggg.

The only other sound that sets it apart is a female voice - who at the start of the song, and the break sings something like "oh la la". There is also a very indian / persian strings effect that exists throughout. Just before the drop she sings "Ohhhh la" or something of that ilk.

Just bought a CD pack from 97 on Ebay with this tune on it, cant wait to upload it on youtube and get an ID.

This is exactly what it is! Well done that man! Must have dismissed it as I recognise the name and artwork from numerous youtube scanning sessions. Now downloaded - awesome!

It was the Die one, I was convinced it was V Recs so glad to see my instincts were right, it just sounded so much like something of that label and genre. I havent seen the rubber band one but will have a look,

Back
Top Bottom