A 3 Part Guide to Neuro Bass

Thanks! Real generous of you to share your trix like this. And also I'm getting really jelous of ableton from watching this. It has some very useful features, logic has to step up their game soon!

excellent work! i just finished going through all 3 parts, thanks for the guidance and that's a very nice bass sound btw.

i also got something out of the videos that i wasn't expecting, which is how you got the extra movement by automating the EQ. over the past year i've seen countless tutorials on automating the EQ to give movement to basslines and i'm never satisfied with the result, it just doesn't give much of a noticeable difference. i'd seen every tutorial on the subject that i came across and there was one for Reason that was amazing for neurobass but as far as Ableton vids, it was just a waste of time. i understood the concept but couldn't get decent movement. your automation of the HPF/LPF/macro gave an impressive result. i figured to give a good result you'd have to do a combination of automating different parameters but i'd been chasing my tail in a bout of frustration for a very long time. thanks again man, much props to you. may your first child be a masculine child.

Last edited:
Thanks Fletch, nice tutorials.

For the Ableton heads here's a link to a few more, I especially like the way this guy uses resonators - never understood them before watching this tutorial and i think it's pretty sweet :) First tutorial is mostly about making the sounds in massive, then 2nd and 3rd parts about processing and modulation:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom