92 to 94 old skool mix

paulreset

Ello,

A mate of mine just did a wicked 92-94 mix and I thought it might be of interest to you ppl!

Its a nice crispy 192kbps MP3 and its here..

Dj Hex - 92 to 94 mix...

http://www.scottishdrumandbass.com/downloads.php?download=0

Contact - djhex@tiscali.co.uk

And the tracklisting is...

1. Joint Project - Fantasize (Soapbar)
2. XLR8 - Dubplate (Advance)
3. Slipmatt - Breaking Free (Awesome)
4. Hyper-On Experience - Lords of the Null Lines (Foul Play remix)
(Moving Shadow)
5. DJ Buz - Slave Special (No U-Turn)
6. International Rude Boyz - Drum Programme (remix) (Formation)
7. Q Project - Night Moves (Alliance remix) (Legend)
8. LTJ Bukem - Enchanted (Good Looking)
9. The Vice Squad - Give the Poor Man a Break (Pimp Plastic)
10. Tayla - Bang the Drums (Good Looking)
11. Fugitive Part II - Mind Games (Underdog)
12. Skanna - Until the Night is Morning (Skanna)
13. The Rude Boy Project - Crimestretch (Symphony Sound)
14. Two Dark Troopers - Darkcore (Basement)
15. ? - Mega 2 (F Project)
16. DJ Red Alert & Mike Slammer - Ruffer!!! (Slammin' Vinyl)
17. DJ Mayhem - Damage (Basement)
18. Kev Bird & The Wax Doctor - On a Roll (Basement)
19. Cloud 9 - Return of the Donut pt 2 (Moving Shadow)
20. Fast Floor - Plight of the Innovators (Smooth)
21. Smooth but Hazzardous - Push Up the Levels (Sound Entity)
22. Nasty Habits - Dark Angel (Reinforced)
23. N-Joi - Drumstruck (Deconstruction)
24. ? - Universal Sound ( F Project)
25. Dark Mark - Hypertension EP (F Project)
26. Chaos & Julia Set - Bounce (Recoil)
27. Tango - Future Followers (Formation)
28. Kev Bird & The Wax Doctor - Dark Matter (Basement)

Cheers, Paul

Thats a Beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful tracklist. I'm grabbing this _right now_. I hope you (Paul) keep it up there long enough so I can get it. If the quality is as good as you say I'll burn it to a CD as well.

"Having seen with their own eyes, and through the eyes of others.... the drums... described.... to a T"

***Eghh Eghh Eiigh Oghhh Ewwwww, Eh Eh Eh Eh Eih Eiwwwwwww***

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

I'm lucky to have that record.... then again theres plenty others just like it that I don't have... :(

Last edited:
Nice mix. I like it so much I'm going to burn it to a CD latter and whats a CD without cover art?

So I went ahead and made a cover with a proper title. Since this guys name is "Hex" I made the CD a Wiccan theme. The image on the cover is actually from a text book I used last semester called "Persuasions of the witch's craft" by T.M. Luhrmann for a class I took called "Witches, Shamens, and Magic". The class was quite fun and I gave the attractive female proffessor an ardkore tape with an extra credit paper about raves at the end of the class. After that its not a surprise that I got the highest grade possible.:2thumbs:

CD cover art:
SpellCaster_2.jpg

It may take a while to download as the image was saved in the high quality setting. I hope this mysterious HEX person likes the art and I hope he will actually post on this board.

Take care,

Steve

I'm the only one feeling this mix? For shame! I listened to it alot on my vacation last week. Its pretty nice although a few things I didn't like would be the mix out of the Skanna tune which was nothing more then turning the turntable off and fading in the next track. I'm extremely picky and so I thought the flow was a bit off. The mix went from high energy rush tracks to moody and spacy darkside. If I was mixing these records I'd start off with the moody tracks and slowly build up to the rush tracks, I'd also remove "duboplate" because I've heard it too often.

Other then that I like it very much and I really love that F-Project record called Dark Mark - Hypertention. Ohh yes and I love that Joint Project tune at the beginning. I previously thought the only good track they did was Total Feeling (which is one of my all time favorites btw).

Hey why isn't this HEX fella posting here? :(

Hey hey! Sorry I haven't posted before now but I forgot that Paul had put a link on here.

1992: I'm glad you like it m8, and the cover's wicked, cheers! Also, you're the first person to hit me with some constructive critisism, so thanks for that as well. It's the first old skool mix I've put out so it's nice to get some proper feedback. In response though, I deliberately started the mix with more accessible tracks (ie Dubplate, LotNL etc) to get the attention of peeps who aren't so into the underground side of old skool. The theory being that if I'd started off moody then a lot of people might have been put off and wouldn't have given the rest of the mix a chance. I prefer to have a lead in period where the tracks are fairly neutral before taking it in the direction I want. I know it's not ideal for the headz though! The mix was also quite deliberately made into two sections; rolling early DnB at the start, followed by twisted Jungle Tek for the last part. I thought it would be cool just to have the first part die dramatically (motor off), before starting a fresh with something weird (ie Crimestretch with its half time intro). Maybe it didn't really work though.

Anyway, that F Project tune's a bit mysterious because there's 2 differently labelled copys, so I don't know for sure who it's by or what it's called. One's orange with "Dark Mark" printed on it, and there's mine which is a white label with "Hypertension" written on it in a circular pattern. Same tracks and cat number. Kinda peculiar. The other side's a hardcore track made out of sounds from Sega games!

Do you post on http://www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk ? If not you should. Lots of trainspotters like me on there! :shades:

Laters dude......

Don :)

Hex said:
Hey hey! Sorry I haven't posted before now but I forgot that Paul had put a link on here.

1992: I'm glad you like it m8, and the cover's wicked, cheers! Also, you're the first person to hit me with some constructive critisism, so thanks for that as well. It's the first old skool mix I've put out so it's nice to get some proper feedback. In response though, I deliberately started the mix with more accessible tracks (ie Dubplate, LotNL etc) to get the attention of peeps who aren't so into the underground side of old skool. The theory being that if I'd started off moody then a lot of people might have been put off and wouldn't have given the rest of the mix a chance. I prefer to have a lead in period where the tracks are fairly neutral before taking it in the direction I want. I know it's not ideal for the headz though! The mix was also quite deliberately made into two sections; rolling early DnB at the start, followed by twisted Jungle Tek for the last part. I thought it would be cool just to have the first part die dramatically (motor off), before starting a fresh with something weird (ie Crimestretch with its half time intro). Maybe it didn't really work though.

Anyway, that F Project tune's a bit mysterious because there's 2 differently labelled copys, so I don't know for sure who it's by or what it's called. One's orange with "Dark Mark" printed on it, and there's mine which is a white label with "Hypertension" written on it in a circular pattern. Same tracks and cat number. Kinda peculiar. The other side's a hardcore track made out of sounds from Sega games!

Do you post on http://www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk ? If not you should. Lots of trainspotters like me on there! :shades:

Laters dude......

Don :)

Thanks Don, I'm glad you like the art. I'm curous though, was there any particular reason why you chose the nickname "Hex"?

That tune with sega game sounds - sounds really neat! Any chance you might make another mix with just jungle tekno and rush type tracks? Such a thing would be right up my alley! Of course I would have to insist that you use more of that Joint Project tune which was just lovely yet too short lived in this mix.

Also I'd be happy to host this mix and any other hardcore sets you may make in the future on my forum if you like.

Oops, sorry! I don't check here very often! There's no real reason for the name. I just liked it! :confused: Having multiple meanings does come in handy though......

I'm trying to find time to do another mix soon, so I'll let you know when it's online. Probably going to be mid/late 93 style with lots of ruff drums. I don't really want to cover the same ground again until I buy some new tunes, and as I'm sure you'll know that's an expensive business with old skool!

As for that Joint Project tune, it has a really good intro but I'm not too keen on the rest of it. It goes a bit intelligent half way through (which is no bad thing in itself), but it doesn't do the intro justice imo.

....and cheers for the hosting offer. I might take you up on it cos I've only got 50 megs to play with unfortunately.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom