90bpm DnB request

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Hi everyone, I'm making a mix and I'm looking for some fast moving dnb tracks in 89-92 bpm range. It could be any subgenre.

Thanks
I think maybe you mean 180bpm drum and bass? (are you counting the Snares and coming up with 90bpm? ;) )

DnB is typically 160-180bpm, occasionally a little faster, anything ~140bpm is breaks, lower than that and you are heading into downbeat/leftfield/hiphop

Dansci

I think maybe you mean 180bpm drum and bass? (are you counting the Snares and coming up with 90bpm? ;) )

DnB is typically 160-180bpm, occasionally a little faster, anything ~140bpm is breaks, lower than that and you are heading into downbeat/leftfield/hiphop
Yeah i mean 180 bpm... i usually say 90 since it rolls off the tongue better.

Vydx

nondescript
VIP Junglist
nonsense. dnb is 160-180bpm, always has been, always will be.
Hasn't always been that way, nor is it guaranteed to stay this way, but yeah, many DJs have a tendency to play out tunes at 180 give or take.

Also I think OP is looking for tracks already at 180 + without having to up the pitch...

This one e.g is a staggering 188 bpm

Solace

VIP Junglist
Just use the pitch fader?...

And on parties all dj's push up the bpm. Mostly it's around 176-178, but some push it to 180 and more. It just gives a more party and dance feel to the beat.
Everyone is used to the 170-174 tempo, but when pushed up that tiny bit it makes sure you can't stand still

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Hasn't always been that way, nor is it guaranteed to stay this way, but yeah, many DJs have a tendency to play out tunes at 180 give or take.

Also I think OP is looking for tracks already at 180 + without having to up the pitch...

This one e.g is a staggering 188 bpm

what hasn't always been that way? the 160-180 I quoted has been a standard range of tempo's for dnb for as long as I have been listening to it, getting on for 20 years now...

of course there are some that are a little faster, but exceptions don't make a rule - and the tempo dj's play at is a different topic completly

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
what hasn't always been that way? the 160-180 I quoted has been a standard range of tempo's for dnb for as long as I have been listening to it, getting on for 20 years now...

of course there are some that are a little faster, but exceptions don't make a rule - and the tempo dj's play at is a different topic completly
Embers breaks are made with sticks at 75 bpm.

Vydx

nondescript
VIP Junglist

No

1993-1996 most tunes ranged from 150 to 170, with the top DJs playing said tunes a little faster. It was a few years later that they had been playing them to 180, when most tunes in the club circuit ranged 170-175 (of course some tunes were even faster e.g carlito & addiction, decoder & substance but again "exceptions don't make a rule)

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
what do you mean "no"? lol

as you said "most tunes in the club circuit ranged from 170-175" - so I don't really get what your point is...seems to me you are just trying to argue for the sake of it - and I'm not sure why you are fixating on the 180bpm either?

and if you want to be picky about numbers, well i said "nearly 20 years", 1993 was 22 years ago, therefore clearly not the date range I was talking about ;) and arguably it was not what we consider to be drum and bass today