909, 808, 707 Kicks???

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
What does that mean to have a 909 kick and such?

I am guessing the higher the number, the better quality?

What does that mean to have a 909 kick and such?

I am guessing the higher the number, the better quality?

this is timeless.
Generations of wanabee producers will read these two sentences for years to come, to remind themselves that no matter how shit they may be, there's always worse.
Sir, i salute you.

ps. theres this new website called google.com, try it out. it might help you.

these were a series of drum machine's released by roland in the 80's (if i'm correct) released around 10'000 units per model, everything from the tb-303, to the tr-909, they all have there signature sounds, and they became widely used for hip hop/early drum & bass production, but most commonly acid house in the late 80's/early 90's, to the current date, an example of this being (kanye west's love lockdown), the 808 kit has some good sounds for dubstep in my opinion.

i'm pretty sure that's near enough right?

these were a series of drum machine's released by roland in the 80's (if i'm correct) released around 10'000 units per model, everything from the tb-303, to the tr-909, they all have there signature sounds, and they became widely used for hip hop/early drum & bass production, but most commonly acid house in the late 80's/early 90's, to the current date, an example of this being (kanye west's love lockdown), the 808 kit has some good sounds for dubstep in my opinion.

i'm pretty sure that's near enough right?

Reference, if your profile info is correct then between you and RevTech there is a 1 year physical age gap, but strangely enough an almost infinitly big mental one.

Last edited:
Actually, Refrence was the only one that answered his question straight up.

808.jpg

800px-Roland_TR-909.jpg

Back
Top Bottom