808 Tom Bass

SpecialGuest

Right, so sometimes I just get a little bored of tweaking knobs in massive to get that lively reese action going. I just wanna make some rolling jungle beats, and what goes with them better than the classic 808 tom basslines, bouncing their fat little hearts out.

So I was wondering if anyone could offer some good tips on this particular sound. It seems like a fairly simple thing to create, just tweaking the envelope on a sub bass should do most of the work. But there is something about those original 808 tom samples, what is it? Do you guys create your own from scratch or just pitch the 808 toms samples and load em up into a sampler? If the latter, care to share some of those samples?

Thanks people!

In my opinion, the 808 kick is only achievable by the 808 drum machine, it has higher harmonics than a normal sine so when you distort it it gets nice higher harmonics. You can distort a normal sine wave but its not got that warm 808 feel about it.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, to get that distorted trap 808 bass, just distort it and peak the frequency around 150 or so

Load a nice 808 into a sampler and adjust the adsr to taste, then try some frequency splitting (distort the highs, saturate the lows)

Btw, I assume you are talking about 808 bassdrums here and not toms lol

Thanks for the samples, Russia!

And I'm no expert but it seems to be that the 808 toms are just the bass drums pitched up, am I right?

Back
Top Bottom