8-bit DnB

mini_molko

I'm trying to put together a little minimix of Dnb that incorporates 8-bit sounds, or tunes with references to games, anyone got any suggestions? Preferably something decent, not tunes completely made out of 8-bit sounds! :D

So far, I've got;

Spor - 1up
Hedj - Game Over
Dirtyphonics - Bonus Level
Martsman - 8-Bit Bouncer
Martsman - Antique Antic
Ed Rush & Optical - Pacman (Upbeats Remix)

It's funny, I actually was making a mix like this in my head for the past year or so, but never put my mind really to it. Great minds, right?

Some thoughts:

Robax - Segafunk
Hazard - Cowards Beware (sampling Sinistar)
Clipz - Bionic Commando (Song is kinda insufferable though!)

Also try some of the higher end, higher quality remixes done at OC Remix.

I was particularly fond of the Pendulumesque vibes on Sixto Sounds + Zircon's "Nuclear Flash," which is a remix of Flashman's theme from Megaman II, possibly the greatest video game soundtrack ever.

And, though it only kinda counts, there's that Noisia tune that they did for the Motorstorm Apocalypse Soundtrack that's just NASTY.

EDIT: Nu:Tone's remix of Wildlife by Unicorn Kid also always makes me feel like playing old Nintendo games.

Haha, yeah - been thinking about putting this together for a while! Cheers for the tunes, that Robax one is sick! Hadn't heard of him before!
Heard that Unicorn Kid one for the first time today as well - definitely worthy! :D
Will check out the other ones!

Cheers for the tunes, that Robax one is sick! Hadn't heard of him before!

I only got this tune for the A-side of the record (Encode - Trust Me) but was pleasantly surprised by the Sega noises on the flip. Big tune... though I don't think I've ever seen another Robax tune mentioned in my life. Seriously, does he actually exist or just an alias?

How the FUCK did I forget 8-bit Bitch? Man, that's a stomper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spor - Halogen has 'computery' sounds, but not really 8-bit so much. This is an interesting search through itunes :)

-

Can't believe I forgot this!

by no means my favourite tune but it fits the bill

the amazing adventures of one curious pixel is pretty much entirely this, particularly 8 bit cosmos

Back
Top Bottom