DnB 8 37 Neurofunk 174 BPM

• Thread starter Deleted member 85438
  • Start date
Not feeling very constructive right now sorry, but that second tune the snare didn't work for me, sounds like the wrong snare, too dry, too out of the mix. The general groove of the track is cool

First track - get rid of that piano in the beginning, it sucks balls to be honest :D.
Change that snare, and maybe automate lowpass on the build-up and then give it another kick + snare at the drop. Nice bass and lead going on. More variation after lead goes away. Also, the breakdown has no flow in it, you can do it! :)

really feeling the first track! That sub bass is naughty!

The snare doesn't quite sit well for me either. Try pitching it up a bit and layering it with one with more of a 'thwack' sound.

Try whacking some other percussive elements in there too, perhaps some fast shakers to give it more energy.

Not a fan of the second one really.

good work mate!

The lead you could try and add so echo or delay on it to see it you could spice it up a bit. Nice track the piano is really pretty.

Thanks guys, glad someone likes the piano!!! Yeah the 2nd track was actually house cheesy thing i made last year but i dug it up and i'm just trying to use the melody etc because it would have just gone in the trash.

i feel like the vibe of the first song needs to be more aggressive. id just take out the piano and lead and layer that bass with some mid bass, then the bridge could be fully atmospheric with the piano. i think the lead sounds like a video game level... not a entirely bad thing, just feels like the song needs to be more evil.

i really like the second song as well. i think the drums need to have a lot more splashy cymbals and i actually like the snare, but i think you should definitely have a second snare layered, something more natural that pops

structure wise - at 2:00 i would recommend just putting the part that comes in at 2:22 there.

i like this, personally, i think the vibe is sweet - cant please everyone. Am really liking the second track, sounds good and it makes me feel pretty happy :)

It's hard to say if you are going for a nasty vibe or something a bit bittersweet :) Sounds just a bit confused to me but mostly nasty, I like the piano but maybe the feedback about it not fitting is down to the vibe of the tune? (p.s. I get it's nerofunk and maybe intended but I just feel confused)

Last edited:
TBH, that's not neurofunk at all, you can call it liquid style if you fancy.
I don't understand why you drive a neurofunk audience to a completely different style...

Nice tracks for theirs style.
If your age is right on your profile, you r fucking good at what u doing, for being so young!

But, please, look a bit deep into what is really meaning "Neurofunk" and keep up your good technic!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, The 2nd track does seem very weird to me now ahaha Do you think its too fast?

I've just bounced all the element to audio and am going to chop it up and with the extra cpu make it more dark i guess but let me know if its improved it or not.

First track - piano hits are in odd places to me id either have more of them or none, main part needs another rythemic sound but the synth, bass and drums are all good and the pads/atmos on the breakdown is very good.

Second track - bassline dosent work with all the other elements imo, feel like there should be a big phat low pass reece but hay that just me. also a sweep or two wouldnt go a miss before the drops. the uphoric sounds are really good quailty and all work nicely together, and again the breakdown has a really depth, more punch on the build ups please sir :D

Back
Top Bottom