7" vinyl?

philfyphil

Does anyone know if there are any good old or new 7" releases worth checking out? ...I heard morphy talking about some limited dub one a while ago on temah?

Cheers

bag records you like regardless of their size or artwork

also if its a "dub" then its a dubplate and its not available for commercial release.

Why? :/ I have some pretty quiet 12"s...

Same.. that's purely down to who mastered or cut it though. The reason a 10" is naturally quieter than a 12" is purely down to size. For a given frequency the wavelengths in the groove are longer on the outside of the vinyl. Obviously the smaller the radius the more compressed the wavelengths are made to match the frequency. That's why a lot of old jungle 12"s are quieter than modern dnb cuts, where either the tracks were much longer or two tracks were cut into each side.

Same.. that's purely down to who mastered or cut it though. The reason a 10" is naturally quieter than a 12" is purely down to size. For a given frequency the wavelengths in the groove are longer on the outside of the vinyl. Obviously the smaller the radius the more compressed the wavelengths are made to match the frequency. That's why a lot of old jungle 12"s are quieter than modern dnb cuts, where either the tracks were much longer or two tracks were cut into each side.

makes sense! interesting

http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/asp/view_product.asp?id=31247

That's the new release from Morphy and Untouchables, really feeling this 'dub with fast drums' as Morphy calls it.

You'll need a record centre to spin it though. And 7"s should be quieter than a regular 12, the same way 10" should be quieter than 12". Its natural.

Ah cheers jono p! Gonna grab that! Yeah I'm lovely all this dub stuff them boys are doing! Saw phuture-t the other week... Dub n amens! Quality set! Be good to see more of them about london more!

...On CX Digital "true dub" ep they released 100 7" vinyl...did anyone manage to get a copy?

Back
Top Bottom