7 New Tunes Added!!!

Sammy Dexcell

Stop editing my profile Smarty!
VIP Junglist
Ive been workin on a few projects lately and cant seem to finish any!:rolleyes:
Ive uploaded a few clips for your audible pleasure.
There's a bit of everthing, got some neuro/techy tunes, a liquid roller an i call it jump up but its more than likely neuro again.
All tunes have been done on headphones so im mainly lookin for feedback on levels etc
But a general opinion on the tunes would be great, as im hoping to give these away for free in the near future.

Enjoy!

Myspace

Slick
Dexcell 09!

Brain Damage was pretty entertaining. The samples were a bit freaky though ;) Sounded pretty solid thru Myspace's yoghurt pot and string playback quality.

Vortex seemed ok, but the arrangement seemed to me to be a bit bland. It's competent but nothing stood out to me.

Lost legends is nice, good pianos, tight drums, sounded good to my ears.

Ugly skank: the mix seemed a bit 'light'- possibly the weakness of the kick? The samples didn't sem to fit that well imo. Bass has some interesting textures going on.

Full Clip: Started quite well, but seemed to tail off. Not really my taste.

Whore: same as vortex.

Phreek: Nice texture and depth to the bass. Good sample. Mix sounded decent. Sounds good to me. :)

How's that?

Brain Damage was pretty entertaining. The samples were a bit freaky though ;) Sounded pretty solid thru Myspace's yoghurt pot and string playback quality.

Vortex seemed ok, but the arrangement seemed to me to be a bit bland. It's competent but nothing stood out to me.

Lost legends is nice, good pianos, tight drums, sounded good to my ears.

Ugly skank: the mix seemed a bit 'light'- possibly the weakness of the kick? The samples didn't sem to fit that well imo. Bass has some interesting textures going on.

Full Clip: Started quite well, but seemed to tail off. Not really my taste.

Whore: same as vortex.

Phreek: Nice texture and depth to the bass. Good sample. Mix sounded decent. Sounds good to me. :)

How's that?

Yea cheers for the feed man let me clear some things up, vortex was a refix of one of my old tunes, i just wanted to keep it similar to that so didnt really go mad on the riff just fixed the drums n bass, ugly skank is still in the works i just cant seem to get fruity to play it properly tho, fullclip is also still in the works it bores the shit out of me now tho so i dunno wen ill finish it, whore i really liked the drums an bass but had no direction or flow wen makin it so...thus i got bored, phreek is an old tune dun about a year ago nice one for the feed its available here as a 320 along with others, u missed smooth sail cause myspace was bein a tit an didnt upload it properly should be on there now tho, its another really bland tune, but its still in the works :) once again nice one for takin the time to listen! peace!

lol chris hansen as track pic. can i have a look at brain damage's work file? i wanna show you what i meant by the arpegia lead i was talking about. sounds cool through.

Sorry can't give you some feedback as I'm on laptop speakers, and I won't be home till monday. Still think brain damage is a nice tune! big up mate carry on...

brain damage sounding yummy bro, i need to get on techy stuff but tbh i wouldn't know where to start with that kind of bass!

not so keen on vortex but tight production (y)

the lost legends vip sounds like its being played behind some sponge, can't hear much mid or hi bro

ugly skank sounding cool, nice and hectic

full clip also sounding cool but i think it's lacking mid and hi in the drums

i like whore, nice and hectic again

smooth sail is fresh, but again with the drums i can't hear much mid or hi

Man, maybe I'm just a bit adhd, but 7 tunes was a bit much for me to get thru and comment on. As I remember it, Brain Damage was pretty solid all the way thru. Ugly Skank was my favourite. Full clip showed promise. Whore sounded a bit raw. Whatever else there was didn't stick in my memory, but that could have just been overload!!

brain damage- reli liked the bass and the tune as a whole
i like the idea with vortex but i dnt think it reli works that well.. oh just heared the diff drop, reli liked that.!
lost legends - nice mellow tune
ugly skank - the bass is sick man, the drums sound to powerful but im listenin thru headphones so i cant properly comment on levels. think u cud make that into a banger
full clip - again i like the bass...... i like all ur bass man sounds good. tune is not bad, think it needs more variation
whore - nice heavy tune, no gripes with this one
smooth sail - dnt like the bassline much

Man, maybe I'm just a bit adhd, but 7 tunes was a bit much for me to get thru and comment on. As I remember it, Brain Damage was pretty solid all the way thru. Ugly Skank was my favourite. Full clip showed promise. Whore sounded a bit raw. Whatever else there was didn't stick in my memory, but that could have just been overload!!

lol well cheers for takin the time to listen an for the feedback im kinda gona give it time as my 8th n 9th tracks are at clip stages but ill wait to hear more on these, while workin on them, before i post any more clips hehehe

brain damage- reli liked the bass and the tune as a whole
i like the idea with vortex but i dnt think it reli works that well.. oh just heared the diff drop, reli liked that.!
lost legends - nice mellow tune
ugly skank - the bass is sick man, the drums sound to powerful but im listenin thru headphones so i cant properly comment on levels. think u cud make that into a banger
full clip - again i like the bass...... i like all ur bass man sounds good. tune is not bad, think it needs more variation
whore - nice heavy tune, no gripes with this one
smooth sail - dnt like the bassline much

Nice one for the feedback all taken into account cheers for listenin! Glad you liked a few of them atleast :) :2thumbs:

hey dude just had a listen to ur tings:

Brain Damage: not really my area of D&B, but i like the drums , they sound very well produced, perhaps you could add a bit more tail on the snare somehow to fill out more. everything else cool, i like the atmos in the middle.

Vortex 09 Rerub: drums an the bass sound cool to me, pehaps you drop it in too quick tho, would like to hear a bit more of an intro. like the breakdown, nice percussion.

Lost Legends: i think you could bring out the drums a lot more on this one, especially once its dropped, they seem to be dominating the low end a bit too much. bass is a bit loud too. enjoyed the into, but i think you need to turn up all the ambient sounds and the vocal cos they are what draw you in at the start.

Ugly Skank: again i think you drop it in a lil quik, but then again i have never really listend to much of this D&B so cant really comment. drums sound good, altho a little similar to some of your other drums. the gritty bass sound phat man love it.

Full Clip: i think you could make that clangy ressonant cymbal shine a bit more, sounds a bit in the background. and make the percussion a bit more dominant as they sound really nice, other thn tht sounds good to me.

Whore: quite a strange tune but i like it, those bells at the start sound crazy (in a good way), was definately feelin this one, proper ravin tune. like the wild gritty bass noise too. all in all a good tune bro

Pheek: mix sounds good, like the bass again. nice tune altogether.

Your production has got really nice man much respect. only thing i will say tho is tht i think you need to vary ur drums a little more, use lots of different unusual snares just to give ur tunes a bit more definition frm eachother if u kno what imean. other than tht im very impressed with ur progress dude, u got a great sound my friend!

hey dude just had a listen to ur tings:

Brain Damage: not really my area of D&B, but i like the drums , they sound very well produced, perhaps you could add a bit more tail on the snare somehow to fill out more. everything else cool, i like the atmos in the middle.

Vortex 09 Rerub: drums an the bass sound cool to me, pehaps you drop it in too quick tho, would like to hear a bit more of an intro. like the breakdown, nice percussion.

Lost Legends: i think you could bring out the drums a lot more on this one, especially once its dropped, they seem to be dominating the low end a bit too much. bass is a bit loud too. enjoyed the into, but i think you need to turn up all the ambient sounds and the vocal cos they are what draw you in at the start.

Ugly Skank: again i think you drop it in a lil quik, but then again i have never really listend to much of this D&B so cant really comment. drums sound good, altho a little similar to some of your other drums. the gritty bass sound phat man love it.

Full Clip: i think you could make that clangy ressonant cymbal shine a bit more, sounds a bit in the background. and make the percussion a bit more dominant as they sound really nice, other thn tht sounds good to me.

Whore: quite a strange tune but i like it, those bells at the start sound crazy (in a good way), was definately feelin this one, proper ravin tune. like the wild gritty bass noise too. all in all a good tune bro

Pheek: mix sounds good, like the bass again. nice tune altogether.

Your production has got really nice man much respect. only thing i will say tho is tht i think you need to vary ur drums a little more, use lots of different unusual snares just to give ur tunes a bit more definition frm eachother if u kno what imean. other than tht im very impressed with ur progress dude, u got a great sound my friend!

appreciate the comments mate an i hear ya on my drums man i lack the equipment to hear sub bass an mid range as im stricktly on headphones so i tend to stick to the same samps i processed on monitors but thanks for the feed appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom