6-a-side tips

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by spiderfran286, Jan 25, 2010.

1. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

i started my own team with some mates n that.
    i run the team, so decide the starting line-ups, tactics etc...

just need some basic tips... and how do i keep everybody doing what i want them to do. because im in no way fit enough to play every week, so when im not playing ill be stood on the sides shouting instructions.

this is our kit btw....
    [​IMG]
    beautiful colour scheme init

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Theres no tactics, just use rush goal keeper and charge as hard and fast at the opponents goal.

3. spiderfran286

tried that old chestnut last week, ended up leaving our end exposed let in 4 soppy goals and lost 4-3.

im thinking 2-1-2 this week, as it is the FA standard 6-a-side formation...

4. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

hmmm

i'm playing again tnite, its odd we don't really have posistions, bit of a dutch total football system, just stick on whoevers near you let them come forward then hit them on the break, works most weeks :)

5. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Do you have a convicted male rapist in your team, get one and let him loose in the center of the park.

6. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

You'll want a 3-2-1 formation as it makes the foundations of your defence a lot stronger. You need to learn how to defend before you can attack.

7. spiderfran286

no we dont have one yet, fancy a try-out?

we got 2 defenders who play 11-a-side every week. one is a class defender, one is just built. just need people to mark up and track back properly, every goal we let in last week was down to players not marking up goal side and tracking back.

8. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

get ball, kick ball, score.

only messin...i am a 5 aside man myself, pass an move is the best tactic, u wont get anywere with someone on ya team who is a show boater, a wanna be ronalda AKA a ball greedy bastard u will be fucked cos the pitch is'nt big enough for it at all, the game should be played 2 or 3 touches per player,

we dont really play positions as such as again the pitch isnt big enough, if there is space, get into it, if there is a decent run , run it, i have no time for lazy bastards.

9. chanty

chanty Active Member

is there rolling subs? like if u can come off and on again as many times as u want. i play 5-aside so a little bit different, gotta have good communication, if ur all mates it shudnt b a problem, keep talkin to each other tell them who needs to drop back or stay forward or pick up a man. good passin is a must aswel u need a few players who can pick out a good pass save all the running n gettin knackered. liking the kit aswel lol. good luck

10. spiderfran286

yeah rolling subs. the pitch is pretty big as well.
    a lot of space for sexy passing/runs
    I've told em all once no more than 2-3 touches b4 you pass, need to embed it in their heads. ill tell em again b4 k/o tomorra.

im thinking of telling em to exploit the wings as the pitch is very wide. only downside to this is you cant go into the keepers area, so wud be easier to defend balls coming in...

11. chanty

chanty Active Member

our 5-aside pitch is smaller n we got 1 players whos just amazing hardly passes n gets pissed off wen u dont pass to him but he wins us games. got a couple old duffers who started the team so we cant reli kick them out, we giv them a run out for a few mins. gt a good mixture of youth and experience, our team is full of lary cunts aswel so its always a laugh if we start losing to kick the other team around.

12. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

Id say stick 3 at the back, one centre back and two on the wings who push up when your attacking, they have to be fit.

Then let everyone else run about into space etc.

YOu could have the best tactics in the world, if your team isnt up to it then your fucked. Fitness is crucial. This is where our team failed last year. We smoke too much weed and had no subs, so we were fucked. My mate was sick during the game! ahaha.

We tried working out tactics etc at the start then afterwards realised its all a bit of fun just go out there and enjoy it.

We also worked out that if we were "trying too hard" we would do badly. If we were casual without worrying about losing we were a lot better. Just make sure you find the space and get in it, try and stretch the game out. Its hard enough on a small ptch without it being congested.

13. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

first things first. change your kit, you give the opposition a psychological advantage by letting them know they are gonna win :teeth:

the most important thing is to have fun i think, taking it too seriously gets you no where. we never usually play with strict positions (not that i play anymore, unless a mate needs me to) just kinda run around and passing it quickly. i prefer defending so i stayed back more, other prefer attacking so stay forward more. it will just happen, but as long as everyone moves up and down the pitch with play you should be alright mate

14. dnb in ya face

Alex Ferguson eat your heart out ! :D

15. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

haha i play for the local jjb team, one of them blagged a load of rochdale away strips so we have a bright purple kit haha.

i agree with herojuana if you try to hard it often goes badly, if you can be relaxed but serious about it you'll do well and have a good laugh too

16. spiderfran286

chat shit mate. best colours you can get....

id rather have that than a bacon kit.....

here is my team talk for b4 the game.

just been writing it up while reading all your posts...

17. dnb in ya face

That sound pretty damn good... I like the bit at the end, have fun...but play to win. That basically it aint it.

18. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

i think this goes under the 'taking it too seriously' thing we were talking about

19. chanty

chanty Active Member

make sure u let us know how u got on. film it-youtube-link it

20. spiderfran286

lol. WTF?

thats the thing. its like a double bluff. all my lot will find it funny when i turn up with a team talk....

ill let u know the score n that, vids if i can be assed.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010