5meo - abu an-num (atmospheric/liquid)

the intro is some creepy shit man! it sounds great.. im quite feelin this tune mate! love the backwards sword swing like in "patience"

really quite a choppy, steppy tune u got going on i like it

this is sick man. take the pads out and add a bit more grit to the bassline u got a dirty little skanker, but i really like it as it is.

sweet, thanks guys! put allot more effort into making a 'traditional' dnb structure in this, think its paid off, hopefully the next couple will be even better!

Evez I'm redoing a couple of sections without the pads, got any suggestions for gritting the bassline up? i had started to ramp the distortion up, bit more chorus on parts, but its gettin a bit too hectic, and i dont wana loose the spaced out sound, hmm maybe sum keychanges

im not even sure id redo parts mate i think its nice the way it is. id do a save as and take out the pads etc and copy the bassline ( not sure what daw you use ).
but basically create another layer to the bassline add distortion, chorus little bit of reverb and possibly high pass it. its just it has quite a lot ov movement as it is, maybe play with the automation on the filters so with the movements it becomes grittier aswell..

only example i can really think of when im makin a bassline is say iv got the automation laid down for the bassline whether its the lfo or however youve made it move (maybe a filter )
copy the automation pattern and paste it in the automation for the drive on the distortion maybe or the frequency of a filter, not sure if this makes any sense im probably just rambling. but i wudnt change the tune much as it is, sounds nice... but then again a heavier section or two would add more variation :)

hmm now thats a good idea! filter moving along with a nice warm tube dist culd b well nice, duno y i've never automated distortion before! got 9 layers of bass on it already so i think i'l do it on an existin one, 10 culd b pushin it a bit :D thanks again!

BEAUTY of an intro. Give the 'snare' rim shot a bit more of a 'clicky sound' sounds a bit too dispersed. Whack some distortion on the bass and give a small EQ cut on the 200hz mark and a small boost on the 500hz. will give it some grit! also, high pass the bassline for a bit before it drops. Will give the drop much more impact!

Nice tune mate. really diggin it!

nice one all! taken all your comments on board, pretty much finished off now :bone:

its gone slightly more chilled i think, which is the opposite of what i wanted originally, but i think it works, final version is up :D..my attempts at mastering might have killed it a bit, lol hopefully not to much...need to get a professional on it

if anyone would like a copy, i have a 'secretlink' on soundcloud for downloads that will be active for a little while, drop me a message :) not posting it up publicly

Sounds sweet to my ears. Would like to hear more of this kind of stuff from you. In my opinion you could have made it a little bit more interesting with percussion and hats. A few clicks and pops here and there wouldn't have hurt, but might not give anything either. Great atmosphere. The drums could be a few db's higher though in my opinion.

deep atmospheric track...im liking the snare as well..got an arabic feel to it.
crisp clear sounds..well produced
the middle bridge needs a lil something else to keep the listener interested in my opinion..not too much tho dont want to ruin the atmosphere..in fact scratch that the 2nd drop is sick lol!

Back
Top Bottom