5 NI Massive tips you might not know

not better to just start with a saw wave?

I tend to make a lot of basses so my bass patch has osc 1 an octave down.

I also have Restart via Gate set for default, have osc 3's intensity full, filter 2's amp all the way up, macro 1 empty (because i like to use the mod wheel for filter movement), voices set to monophonic, all the LFOs' crossfade fully north, and insert 2 before amp.

All those things a prefer to have already done when i make a new patch so i dont waste any time.

I tend to make a lot of basses so my bass patch has osc 1 an octave down.

I also have Restart via Gate set for default, have osc 3's intensity full, filter 2's amp all the way up, macro 1 empty (because i like to use the mod wheel for filter movement), voices set to monophonic, all the LFOs' crossfade fully north, and insert 2 before amp.

All those things a prefer to have already done when i make a new patch so i dont waste any time.

Not hard to drop to -24? I suppose it saves time though although I find it fun to mess about once ive got a sound out the oscs I like enough to work with.

The macros are sick, normally just assign a few of them to the Osc wavetable knob then mess about once the lead is in

You have any links to your tracks I can peep?

Not hard to drop to -24? I suppose it saves time though although I find it fun to mess about once ive got a sound out the oscs I like enough to work with.

The macros are sick, normally just assign a few of them to the Osc wavetable knob then mess about once the lead is in

You have any links to your tracks I can peep?

No completed tracks atm, hehe

A huge massive tip I can give is there are other soft synths out there that are just as easy to use and fundamentally (obviously) the same as massive.

That's wicked man. Lot of respect for ADSR Tuts and Massivesynth.com.

One thing I've been learning a lot about lately is the different routing settings you can use in the routing tab. A couple of tips are:

1. Set the feedback to its routing position furthest to the right. This will make it feed back into itself and produce a nicer tone.
2. Set the insert 1 to happen before filter 1, and insert 2 to heppen before filter 2. This will let you affect the sound using parabolic shaper, etc. before it goes into the filter, which can get you some different sounding results compared to using the default routing settings.

Back
Top Bottom