5 inch ...

Salvus

VIP Junglist
MONITORS (cheeky)

Haha, want an opinion on something guys.
I've not been producing for like a month due to moving back home and not unpacking my gear. At home I have a set of KRK Rokit 6's, they are on big stands and are now mainly used for the decks. Due to the space in my room I have to have a second desk for my pc/korg/interface etc etc.

I have decided to save on having to position my 6 inch KRK's in a daft place I would buy a second set of monitors for my second desk.

I was just wondering if you guys had suggestions as to if I should just get the 5 inch KRK? Or would I benefit from trying a different monitor (so I could actually reference off 2 different sets). If so, has anyone got any suggestions for 5 inch monitors that ARNT KRK Rokit 5's?

Budget like 300 quid...

Thanks for any words of wisdom you may have!

Great question that I honestly don't know the "correct" answer.

My gut says that if you can find a 5" setup with similar specs as the KRKs (in terms of frequency response, no added "color" and what not) I'd say go for it. As you said, it may prove beneficial to hear the playback of your track on two different pairs of monitors for referencing purposes.

Cheers.

Great question that I honestly don't know the "correct" answer.

My gut says that if you can find a 5" setup with similar specs as the KRKs (in terms of frequency response, no added "color" and what not) I'd say go for it. As you said, it may prove beneficial to hear the playback of your track on two different pairs of monitors for referencing purposes.

Cheers.

agreed, go with another brand. go listen to a few and pick something a bit different than the krks so you can reference on two systems without leaving the room. i have been thinking about a pair of NS10s for just this reason.

Cheers guys. Now need to find a 5 incher that will deliver the goods at a reasonable price. The Adam a5x looks bangin, but a bit over budget. Wondering if the a3x would do the job but the low end extension is a worry...

Anyhow, thanks, I'll get something that isn't the krk I think.

Back
Top Bottom