[4x4] Fatkids - Bus Window

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Fatkidscantjump, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

Experimenting other genres... this time i dont really know how to call it, is it deep house? tech house? minimal? shit ? lol, i dont know. But all feedbacks are greatly appreciated :)

peace

2. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

I really, really like the pad, ambient thing coming in at 1:02. it's perfect :)
    I don't like when it starts to get the high end tho, it makes it too much deadmau5 sound for me to like :p
    (edit: later in the track it really works. I didn't realise I've been listening to the song for 5 minutes now)

Still nice job, you could consider bringing in a subtle kick at 1:32 to fill it out a bit.

Can I recommend some artists/songs for you for inspiration?
    -Trentemoller (for instance "Change" or "Late Night Cab")
    -Shlohmo (especially Antigravity : Low Limit Remix)

3. pattycake

pattycake Member

Don't really know what your going after with this but the beginning bored me, percussion sounds good for a while but gets old fast try adding more variation to the rythm, that said I enjoyed the second half way more then the first and began to enjoy the ambience.

4. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

this tune is wicked dude, love the atmosphere.

5. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

Thanks, yeah i was thinking about adding more elements in the "break" part because i find it a little bit too long.
    Could you tell me the time you dont like the high end "deadmau5" sound?

I already know Shlohmo (discovered him with that Low limit remix in Brownswood Electric compilations... top notch stuff), and i LOVE trentemoller, especially songs like Moan or The Forest, masterpieces... Love it. Thanks anyways :)

Yeah I agree with you first part is a little bit boring but since it was my first try at this kind of musical genre i kinda copyed other tracks that starts with just kick / hats and some percs / bass as an intro.. It helped me construct the track.

glad you like it, thanks :)

thank you all for feedback !