DnB 4est & Cal - Stratosphere

4est&Cal

Hey guys,

We are two 16-year-old producers from germany and making dnb since january
We now just made our first tune together ( we allready made some but without parter ) and would like to hear what you guys think about it
Please leave critic if it's possible, because we want to improve ourselfs as much as possible
We also have written with producers like Grifta and Memro and the liked our older tunes

So enough talking: here's our first official tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwEikAk7De4

We hope you could understand everything, now have fun..:)

Cheers

Holy shit, this is awesome
I wish I could make tunes like that after only 10 months because my productions suck..:( :D

the melodic elements of ur tune is really really nice.!

i feel like you could add a bit more weight/life to kick and snare, and ur other percussion, bass sounds quite good too! listen back to it.... i think drums is the only thing making this a good track, and not a great track :)

@ mAEx: practise hard and make as much music as you can, then you'll get there ;)
@ EvezDroppin: Thanks for your critic, glad you like it, we already tried to get the drumms sounding clearer but it destroyed the character of the song in our opinion...
But generally we try to get a clearer sound next time.. :)

Last edited:
Lovely track, although I'd say the kick is lost in the mix and in comparison the snare overdoes it, not that the snare is to much just in comparison with the kick. Overall I really dig it though!

Aufwiederschnitzel zie germanzzzzz

Lovely track, although I'd say the kick is lost in the mix and in comparison the snare overdoes it, not that the snare is to much just in comparison with the kick. Overall I really dig it though!

Aufwiederschnitzel zie germanzzzzz

Thanks for your critic Dude!
Yeah we thought so to, but when we listened to it in a car or on some standard cd-players, the kick was bumping really nice and we thought that we don't need to change it...

Aufwiederwohnwagen zie hollandzzzzzzzz :D

Its a nice track, liking the intro. Good well produced sounds but I think you can take it further by adding more elements. From the start right up until the drop theres not much change in sound, that being said I love the atmosphere and melodies in the background.

Good stuff

Its a nice track, liking the intro. Good well produced sounds but I think you can take it further by adding more elements. From the start right up until the drop theres not much change in sound, that being said I love the atmosphere and melodies in the background.

Good stuff

Thanks for your critic, glad you like it :)
We will try to add some more variations in the next upcoming tunes ;)

Good progress in a short time. I think Psychoholic mentioned the kick.

Perhaps one thing that is happening is that around 1.10 there is a quite powerful metallic sound that drones like some dubstep tracks do. I wonder why these days some producers make drum and bass with dubstep-like passages in them. I don't think that works as it cuts your space in the mix and sounds out of place.

But you have shown a lot of maturity here for your age. I wish I'd had that get up and go at your age.

Perhaps one thing that is happening is that around 1.10 there is a quite powerful metallic sound that drones like some dubstep tracks do. I wonder why these days some producers make drum and bass with dubstep-like passages in them. I don't think that works as it cuts your space in the mix and sounds out of place.

But you have shown a lot of maturity here for your age. I wish I'd had that get up and go at your age.
'
Yeah indeed the kick, I kind of like the "dubsteppy" drone though, I'd say keep real to your own style instead of following the standard DnB rules set out by others.
By the way if you finish this track and throw it out for sale let me know cause I need a track like this to open my set with ! I'll definitely buy it.

Yeah we know the kick gets a bit lost in the mix, we'll try to fix it in the next upcomping tunes ;)
I know which sound you mean, but we liked it, it was like a spacey sound for us and thats what made the name of the track :D
Thanks for your critic :)

'
Yeah indeed the kick, I kind of like the "dubsteppy" drone though, I'd say keep real to your own style instead of following the standard DnB rules set out by others.
By the way if you finish this track and throw it out for sale let me know cause I need a track like this to open my set with ! I'll definitely buy it.

Great to hear that man :)
We must search a label first which is going to release it, but we don't know where to find one..
Have you any ideas how we can get the attention of some labels?

Back
Top Bottom