4 Channel Mixer

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Can anyone give me a heads up on a 4 or more channel mixer?

On a budget of £350 tops annoyingly as would love to spend more on an A&H!

Can anyone help me out?

Selling this because i recently bought a mixer then a CDJ and i want more channels so if anyone is interested in a pretty much brand new Vestax VMC 185XL in perfect condition hit me up!!!

Vestax PMC280

£344

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/vestax/pmc280

pmc280pro.jpg

can pick up 2nd hand pioneer djm600s on ebay for either side of £300 depending on condition/age.

I have an american audio mx1400dsp

mx1400dsp.jpg

Its very nice, very smooth and well built for the price, they go for 250 - 300 new, so you would save a few pennies. But its not a cheep crappy mixer!
The cue buttons as you can see resemble A&H mixer cue buttons. And the feel the same too.

You mentioned you may like an allen and heath, and this is a copy i guess...not the same thing at all i know but it is a quarter of the price and has similar looks etc.
It has the 4 channels you want and 2 mic channels on the left. So if the mc irritates you you can quickly shut him up! Haha.
All the faders are solid, no wobble and very smooth. You have all your usual stuff like recording output etc.
Knobs are very nice too, nice rubberised ones, not too grippy but they dont feel like plastic. Nice and smooth and solid to turn.
Simple fx area too, nothing fancy but im sure that wouldnt concern you. I havent ever used them to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwh81wMATs

That may be worth a watch too.
Anyhow, great mixer! It fits your price band.
If you want a brand, then as mentioned above you could check out ebay etc, or maybe a vestax 4 channel.

Hope this helps a bit :wave:, it took me ages to choose a mixer haha =]

I have an american audio mx1400dsp

mx1400dsp.jpg

Its very nice, very smooth and well built for the price, they go for 250 - 300 new, so you would save a few pennies. But its not a cheep crappy mixer!
The cue buttons as you can see resemble A&H mixer cue buttons. And the feel the same too.

You mentioned you may like an allen and heath, and this is a copy i guess...not the same thing at all i know but it is a quarter of the price and has similar looks etc.
It has the 4 channels you want and 2 mic channels on the left. So if the mc irritates you you can quickly shut him up! Haha.
All the faders are solid, no wobble and very smooth. You have all your usual stuff like recording output etc.
Knobs are very nice too, nice rubberised ones, not too grippy but they dont feel like plastic. Nice and smooth and solid to turn.
Simple fx area too, nothing fancy but im sure that wouldnt concern you. I havent ever used them to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwh81wMATs

That may be worth a watch too.
Anyhow, great mixer! It fits your price band.
If you want a brand, then as mentioned above you could check out ebay etc, or maybe a vestax 4 channel.

Hope this helps a bit :wave:, it took me ages to choose a mixer haha =]

This deffinatly is a possibilty mate!!! Thanks for the heads up on this!!!

ANyone had any bad experience with it or sees a reason to go against it please let me know!!

Seems exactly what i need though, 6 channels, fx, and the bigger bits on the end of the faders! (not to keen on the A&H small ones)

that american audio mixer looks pretty sweet.

as for the 2nd hand pioneers.
i've had mine about a year now (bought it off ebay for £280) and i'm guessing it must be about 3 -4 years old by now and it's still going on strong. missing one knob, other than that, nothings wrong with it at all. still solid, everythings fine and no crackles on the faders or anything like that.
cross fader is a little bit crackly i guess, but i don't use that and by pass it so it's not a problem.
up to you what you wana go for really man. i got one of them as it's either pioneer/allen and heath in most clubs and just wanted to be comfortable when i went out to dj and familiar with the set up.
each to their own tho.

that american audio mixer looks pretty sweet.

as for the 2nd hand pioneers.
i've had mine about a year now (bought it off ebay for £280) and i'm guessing it must be about 3 -4 years old by now and it's still going on strong. missing one knob, other than that, nothings wrong with it at all. still solid, everythings fine and no crackles on the faders or anything like that.
cross fader is a little bit crackly i guess, but i don't use that and by pass it so it's not a problem.
up to you what you wana go for really man. i got one of them as it's either pioneer/allen and heath in most clubs and just wanted to be comfortable when i went out to dj and familiar with the set up.
each to their own tho.

So no reliability problems then which is sweet..

Yeah i know what you mean about the club situation, think it will be all good though..

Probably gunna go for that American audio one though i think, looks pretty much perfect..

Can you get XLR - 1/4" adaptors btw? Because it will save buying a new mic!

So no reliability problems then which is sweet..

Yeah i know what you mean about the club situation, think it will be all good though..

Probably gunna go for that American audio one though i think, looks pretty much perfect..

Can you get XLR - 1/4" adaptors btw? Because it will save buying a new mic!

You can normally plug the 1/4" jack into the XLR slot you just push it in the middle of the cross... Well you can on my KAM mixer an a few other mixers I've seen with a XLR input anyway I'm pretty sure its a standard thing now tho.

You can normally plug the 1/4" jack into the XLR slot you just push it in the middle of the cross... Well you can on my KAM mixer an a few other mixers I've seen with a XLR input anyway I'm pretty sure its a standard thing now tho.

ahh seen.. Check the pic of the american audio mixer a little up in the thread.. top left mic ones, what you think? Doesnt really matter that much at the end of the day now i think about it haha

yeah looks very similar to the input on my Kam Mixer, mine has the hole covered with rubber flaps but you just push it in an it works.

you can get xlr > 1/4" converters, i've got a couple at home. cost around £3 from maplins. do the job proper.

XLR mic inputs on mixers have the 1/4" input built in thats why they have a hole in the middle rather than the normal 3 holes for the pins

Back
Top Bottom