4/4 DnB

I think Icicle has been venturing into that territory for quite a while now with the odd tune here and there

also have a soft spot for this

and I think Konichi had a couple of older bits that Hazard used to batter that were 4x4 with a relentless beat. Maybe @Large Marge has the memory bank to remember those jump up bits?

and I think Konichi had a couple of older bits that Hazard used to batter that were 4x4 with a relentless beat. Maybe @Large Marge has the memory bank to remember those jump up bits?
not sure... in fact I'm not sure what this even means tbh. a kick on every beat? if so then Pleasure - Massacre is the only jump uppy one I can think of but I doubt gloxxy wants to hear that

how about this one? when it drops
one of the kicks is slightly offbeat so maybe it doesn't count

I think Icicle has been venturing into that territory for quite a while now with the odd tune here and there

also have a soft spot for this

Got both of these already.

Acidic is one of my favourite Icicle jams. When that ride comes in on the 3rd beat. :explode:

Last edited:
not sure... in fact I'm not sure what this even means tbh. a kick on every beat? if so then Pleasure - Massacre is the only jump uppy one I can think of but I doubt gloxxy wants to hear that

how about this one? when it drops
one of the kicks is slightly offbeat so maybe it doesn't count
Yeah not quite what I'm looking for. Proper regimented pounding 4/4 kick drums with natty basslines and sick percussion.

Another example, although only for 16 bars is the build up on Audio - Warehouse VIP

Last edited:
I like it here and there.
There were always mixtures of breakbeats and 4-to-the-floor kicks. First (Happy) Hardcore, then - way later - Crossbreed, then Turbo, and now this....whatever you wanna call it. Also lot of Nu Jungle stuff with kicks on every beat (Tim Reaper eg).
People like Imanu or Buunshin use a lot of 4/4s in their sets for a fair while now.

Some older technoid ones:

Last edited:
I like it here and there.
There were always mixtures of breakbeats and 4-to-the-floor kicks. First (Happy) Hardcore, then - way later - Crossbreed, then Turbo, and now this....whatever you wanna call it. Also lot of Nu Jungle stuff with kicks on every beat (Tim Reaper eg).
People like Imanu or Buunshin use a lot of 4/4s in their sets for a fair while now.

Some older technoid ones:

That Subwave tune is pwopa nawty! Free too.

Back
Top Bottom