3D | Mutha Fuckin' GOLDIE - Wed. February 16th @ ULTRABAR DC

3dpromo

168412_10150365926110024_788975023_16732196_4334682_n.jpg

3D Productions Proudly Presents,

Mutha Fuckin' GOLDIE (Metalheadz UK) with MC Armanni Reign

"Some people might call what I do drum 'n' bass. But I'm not going to narrow it down to what the music industry thinks is commercially viable. I'm not really into narrow thinking. Making this music is like poker. You begin with five cards. You don't play poker with two cards. That's just the rule of the game. Once you learn how to play you can bend the rules."

"The club was Rage at Heaven. Everyone was just going for it. The adrenaline was pumping around the place. I heard DJs playing a weird hybrid sound, there was still the late rave stuff but here was a new sound, a mad fusion of the old and new. I'd always been the sort of kid who wanted to belong and felt like I'd found a home. In '92 I produced my first track as Ajax Project while I was doing some design and A&R work for 4Heros's Reinforced label. My next tunes Killermuffin and Menance were put out under my early moniker Rufige Kru1 on the Metalheadz label. But at first I was just this deranged kid at Rage with gold teeth shining, this nutter talking a million miles an hour. I remember clutching the cage, watching Fabio or Grooverider take the record I'd made out of the box and put it on the deck and thinking Fuck, fuck!"

The First Superstar Produced by the Breakbeat Jungle Movement, Goldie popularized Drum & Bass as a Form of Musical Expression just as relevant for living-room contemplation as Techno had become by the early '90s. Though he hardly developed the style, and his later reliance on engineers likeRob Playford and Optical to Capture His Sound puts into question his True Musical Importance. Goldie became one of the first personalities in the UK Drum & Bass Scene, His Gold Teeth and B-Boy Attitude placing him LEAGUES away from the Faceless Bedroom BOFFINS that had become the norm in Intelligent Dance Music. For the First TIME, England had a Beat Maestro and Tough-Guy head who could match the Scores of Larger Than Life Hip Hop Stars America had produced, and the High Profile of Drum & Bass as the FIRST Indigenously British Dance Music made Goldie a Figure of PRIME IMPORTANCE.

Featuring 2 Rooms of Music With Local Support From:

SMALLS - 3D | Breaks/Dubstep
SLANT - 2TuFF | DnB
DON VEGA - 3D | DnB
DEINFAMOUS - 3D | DnB
BLAZE ONE - Tribalistix | DnB/Dubstep
KAOTIX - Tribalistix | DnB/Dubstep
RENDER ONE - Bass Tasty | DnB
JESSFX - 3D/Essense | Dubstep
SASHWAT - 3D/Dank N Dirty Dubs | Dubstep

Pre-Sale Tickets Now Available
Mutha Fuckin' GOLDIE - Pre-Sale Ticket Link

180844_10150365925980024_788975023_16732192_2940249_n.jpg

Here's an Old Skool Essential Mix From GOLDIE o_O

FEBRUARY 16, 2011 @ ULTRABAR

This Event is Located At:

ULTRABAR

911 F St NW

WASHINGTON DC 20004

9:00 PM - 2:00 AM

18+

======= NO DRESS CODE =======

Re-Entry ALLOWED for Smoking

Awesome Drink Specials!
 Insane Table Specials (Very Limited) at - 3Dtables@gmail.com

Lots of Free/Parking All Around The Club!!!

Back
Top Bottom