33RPM dnb? What is the name of the genre?

camper182

VANAR
Yeah so i was playing some calibre / icicle / switch / alix perez tunes on 33rpm and they actually sound reallly cool. Where can i get more music like this? I mean, does it have a name? what is the genre? is it like, hiphop but without rap vocals :p

u can get more of that music by buying more tunes at 45rpm and playin them a 33rpm?

.. is it like, hiphop but without rap vocals :p
instrumental hip hop ? :) trip hop ? 'breaks'/breakbeat ? You are looking for 130bpm breakbeat music, plenty about i`m sure. I used to love mashing up some 45rpm cut dnb playing at 33rpm over a tasty 4x4 tune when following on from a house set, can be real chunky !

Yeah so i was playing some calibre / icicle / switch / alix perez tunes on 33rpm and they actually sound reallly cool. Where can i get more music like this? I mean, does it have a name? what is the genre? is it like, hiphop but without rap vocals :p

yes and no. but mainly no. or yes. but if i say yes i don't want to give you the wrong impression because i mean no. so no. but don't take it the wrong way because when a lady says no she means maybe. when a lady says maybe she means yes and when a lady says yes, she ain't no lady*

Check out Icicle and Calibres dubstep see if thats what your after, if so check out so Kryptic Minds, SP:MC and Youngstas dubstep

What? hahaha
It is possible to mix some drum and bass with dubstep.
Ive mixed the quest by andy c with crusader by emalkay.
It sound pretty strange.
I had to have one on +8 and the other on -8 though!

What? hahaha
It is possible to mix some drum and bass with dubstep.
Ive mixed the quest by andy c with crusader by emalkay.
It sound pretty strange.
I had to have one on +8 and the other on -8 though!

you can just put dnb on a plate and put it do 33rpm as i said, so you dont have to pitch up the dubstep too much.

i mix spectrasoul - taken into dubstep like that quite often. and when i take out the dubstep tune i just press the 45rpm button and go from there. thats how i roll. seen? :P

try breakbeat mate... its like dnbs lesbian cousin, same production techniques and similar drum patterns (y)

its around the 135-145 mark

There is also alot of "140 jungle" or "nu jungle" being produced atm. I didn't come up with the genre names nor do I approve but I do like the sound. I'm sure if you search either of those two terms you'll come up with some good tunes.

Back
Top Bottom