320 mp3 vs Wav

for djing it's a wav, no contest. closest digital sound you'll get to vinyl imo.
if you're just listening to to tunes, 320 is fine, even 198 would ok if it ain't going off your ipod.

Last edited:
i am more a flac person its more better then 320 and wav put together but the files are much bigger in size

flac is the future trust

WAV has full frequency response upto 22 Khz where as 320 mp3 is cut off around the 18 Khz mark meaning the high end will suffer and it won't sound as "bright" as the WAV.

FLAC is good though. No degradation in quality and half the file size of WAV.

I'm actually quite suprised at these responses

I use 320kbps mp3s for djing, I don't see the need for wav. or anything else really

If I actually listen to a 320kbps mp3 next to a wav. I don't really notice too much difference in quality

320 mp3s still sound great imo

And if you consider those people big in the scene sharing tunes over aim to dj and play out with, I think you will find that it's 320kbps mp3s that are transfered rather than wav. files

Wav.s are just too big to store on most laptops, I've got 7 gig of 320kbps mp3s as it is!

And to go online and pay £2.00 for a digital wav. file of both sides of a release, well you might as well just buy the vinyl that little bit extra!

I'm actually quite suprised at these responses

I use 320kbps mp3s for djing, I don't see the need for wav. or anything else really

If I actually listen to a 320kbps mp3 next to a wav. I don't really notice too much difference in quality

320 mp3s still sound great imo

And if you consider those people big in the scene sharing tunes over aim to dj and play out with, I think you will find that it's 320kbps mp3s that are transfered rather than wav. files

Wav.s are just too big to store on most laptops, I've got 7 gig of 320kbps mp3s as it is!

And to go online and pay £2.00 for a digital wav. file of both sides of a release, well you might as well just buy the vinyl that little bit extra!

This ^^

Use 320's on a standard speakers or speakers that aren't really good. If your playing out or have got some shit hot speakers wavs will be better and you will notice the difference. But if you dont plan on playing out or on a decent system buy 320's it will save you a bit of money aswell

Use 320's on a standard speakers or speakers that aren't really good. If your playing out or have got some shit hot speakers wavs will be better and you will notice the difference. But if you dont plan on playing out or on a decent system buy 320's it will save you a bit of money aswell

I don't get it though ...

For all the big djs in the scene who use cds when playing out, which is A LOT of big djs, is every tune they play out gonna be a wav.?

People frequently djing are gonna be on the road so much if somebody sends them a 320kbps mp3 which they really like and want to play the tune out, are they gonna bother going back to them and saying yeah I like this ... can you send me the 50,000 kb wav. file over aim please?

Just seems a little bit long :confused: Maybe I'm totally wrong, it's just when I've been in contact with producers they would never send me a wav. straight away, always a 320kbps mp3

i'm not sure what big dj's play out by you can always just compress a 50mb .wav down to a few thousand kb's for sending

Back
Top Bottom