30min Liquid mix - my first one on here!

zoomy

funky chunky
Here we go, the first mix I consider good enough to show you guys (well except for the one I sent in for the Festival competition) :D Turn up your woofers for this one and gimme your thoughts please!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/250gre

Tracklist:
Bachelors of Science - Sweat
Artificial Intelligence - Days of Rage
Mow - Jazz me up Bass me Down
Netsky - Prisma
Logistics - Blackout
Sigma - Paint it black
Logistics - Toy Town
Syncopix - Mr Resident
Sato - Barn (Break rmx)
Nu:tone - Balaclava in my System
A Sides - Tokiado
Netsky - Tomorrow's another day

Last edited:
Listen to mix today,

Constructive critism at the ready...First mix needs to be a lot lot tighter, you've gotta remember not everyone is gonna give it a chance if the first mix is out, however i pressed on. Some nice tunes dropped in there, watch your levels on certain mixes (paint it black into toytown) as well as touching the platter...it's the hardest thing not to do because it give it the quickest fix but it's also very noticeable (trust me it's something i have great difficult keeping away from)...

Liked the tune selection and deferentially some nice mixes, however i'd worry less about double dropping and more about beat matching and getting the right levels, cos once you've mastered that, the other stuff starts sounding a hell of a lot better. Also have a listen to the melodies of the tunes, will it work with this tune, trial and error dude.

So, keep this up and will check the next mix you post. Sorry if this seems well harsh, it's just i felt this kinda comment really helped me when i started out.

I know I messed up the beatmatching on some parts, part of the problem is, on my decks I can adjust the pitch only by 0.1% steps which is pretty inaccurate.. But well, I guess I'll concentrate on getting the matching as perfect as I can for now. Didn't notice the level issue before you mentioned it.
Anyways, thanks a lot for your feedback, nice to hear what other DJs think, definitely helps me (y)

Back
Top Bottom