30 Min Mix - First serious mix in months.

Forau

VIP Junglist
Heres the first mix i went into with the purpose of sharing in many months.

I sorted approx 300 new tunes (from a pals external hard drive) by key and picked out a tune ive been rinsing lately, it happened to be a 6a, so thats what i carried on mixing in.

As a result this mix is about 80% tunes ive never played before. Quite proud of the result even if a few mixes are a bit off.

TL to come.

Last edited:
Ah yeah, was an AIF i think lol.

I might go ahead and re-record this tonight now ive played the tunes. Watch this space =P.

Lol at Jack having to resize everyone's files...nice work mate.

Rich if I'm being honest I used to think that MIK was for phags however now you've entered the arena I might have to change my mind. Prolly not as bad as all that.

Gonna give this a whirl.

Lol at Jack having to resize everyone's files...nice work mate.

Rich if I'm being honest I used to think that MIK was for phags however now you've entered the arena I might have to change my mind. Prolly not as bad as all that.

Gonna give this a whirl.

I dont have the software myself, my mate brought round an external hard drive and had all his tunes keyed (and yes, he gave me a load, boo piracy and all that shit).

My biggest problem lately has been track selection, but it makes it so much easier if you have a load of tunes youve never played before, but you know are in the same key, and you can then just draw for tunes and chances are they'll work (as you can see from the mix some of them didnt work very well but majority were alright).

I dont think id get M I K myself, but i can certainly see the advantage. Makes drawing for tunes out of a list youve never played before a whole lot easier.

Dont think ive mixed a tune ive actually heard before in over a week, quite fun drawing randomly.

Finally got round to playing this, must of tried about 10times the other day, bloody soundcloud wasnt working for some reason
first off it needs a tracklist, might get more people checking it out if you did one..
im not a fan of mixing in key either, just think its a easy way to mix, but thats just personal preference..
it started off very quiet, so in future id check your levels before recording
the mixing was tight over all, but i guess with the keys being the same, everything just sounded to samey for me and no particular drops stood out, but was mixed well

just finished listening ded, some of the tracks weren't my cup of tea but admire the fact you went in without a tracklist in mind, takes a lot to make a mix work on the fly and you largely pulled it off. some slight beatmatching issues but nothing that takes away from the general flow. good job not putting a tracklist up too, if i had known what i was listening to i probably would have skimmed through so its nice to get used to someone's style without knowing what to expect

also key mixing sounds a bit strange but understandable considering it wasn't your stuff, i think in general it would take away from the creativity of a mix but oh well. you should get back on the mixing bandwagon man, forum needs this constant influx of members mixes to keep tings interesting init!

Cheers for the feedback.

I'm not a massive fan of in key mixing (when software helped out), but when your playing unfamiliar tunes it helps massively.

Proper TL will be up soon.

Back
Top Bottom