3 previews of my nu jump up tracks... feedback plz

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by mistasfx, Jul 4, 2009.

1. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

2. krease

krease Member

the thing - intro is good, sample is good, beats cud do with being mre punchy. bass is kinda weird but good at the same time, could be a grower.

the lamia - intro drums need to be more "jumpy" more hats etc...
    not keen on the bass tbh, think it could be more powerfull, the drum beat is good thoug after drop.

i will kill you - this is the best of the 3, good intro with the sample going on, nice breaks witht he amen hits in there, bass is my sort of bass, i like it.

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

good points production wise these tunes are well good, like the bass/synths in the first and third track.... last one was the best

bad points... didn't like the second track at all, intro's were a bit lengthy (annoying to mix), although the bass/synths were well made and a nice sound, need a touch more variation to be bang on as the songs got well samey...

overall though, way more impressed than i thought i would be! good effort, especially with the drums!

4. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

cheers for the feedback and i agree with what u say.

Ive been using Rob Papen Blue for a bit now and i feel i just cant get the sounds i wanna use out of it. Thanks to Ben Alpha on the weekend he pointed me in the direction of Albino 3 so will be havin a mess with it.

Beats/bass.... well i use headphones. i know that is the main problem but im gettin Mackie Hr's in the next few weeks and even with headphones my beats have been gettin better n better with each tune so hopefully with the monitors i can nail them on the head. Im also gonna be investing in a Virus TI so.....

Overall im happy with my progression, im self taught and get help only from forums. Im not aiming to be the next big thing ], its just a hobby but i would like a release to my name lol but the feedback is very much welcomed from u and ill take into account what is said.

Respect

5. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

like reading in a mirror.... (y)

6. Maxg

Maxg The Core

"I will Kill you" was my fave - nice and tight.

I liked the growl of the bass in "The Thing"

Drums need more punch imo - maybe a bit of eq & compression???

Good Effort though - i like it(y)