DnB 3 Different Masterings of the same track - Which one to choose ?

Mr_DnB

Hey everybody!

I posted this track "Pouderville" a few weeks ago and became some intresting input. Now I gave it away to 3 professionals for the mastering. So I got now 3 versions of the track. It would be very appreciated if you let me know, which version you like best and if you think the mastering is anything like professional :p

Version 1 (my favourite):

Version 2:

Version 3:

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
youve got them in order. top ones the best and bottoms the worst. just out of interest, why did you pay 3 times to have the same track mastered?

Interesting subject, I had always wondered what the difference would be between professionals on the same track. I think I like 3 the best but its clearly not as loud so it makes it hard to tell, if looking just for commercial loudness I'd go with 1.

thanks for the replies guys ;)

@Dj Cartel: These are testmasters, they cost nothing ;) I will now choose one of them and then i will pay this one mastering ;)

Yeah, I'd go with the first one. The dancefloor mastering seems to suit the track better, although digging the third one as well.

Interesting hearing the difference mastering can make on a track. Especially pronounced on versions 1 and 3. Almost sounds like two different tunes

thanks for the replies guys ;)

@Dj Cartel: These are testmasters, they cost nothing ;) I will now choose one of them and then i will pay this one mastering ;)

ah cool man. never got a track mastered so i had no idea they did tests!

Thanks for the feedback!!! :)

So the first version wins the contest :D

I have some questions though. Do you think that the high frequency range is too loud (hurts my ears a little bit when turning it loud). Further I think the drums disappear a little bit. What do you say?

Back
Top Bottom