3 Decks to Wreck.....

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Whats people I've just set up 3 decks for mixing on & really wanna give myself a challenge to complete. I had a 30 minute test run earlier to see what my mixes were going to be like & to my surprise I could drop the tracks in well. But when it came to holding the mix with 3 tracks it kinda got a bit hectic has any1 got any tips or little techniques that I could you so I can hold the mix a little better (SDM & Triple M i know this is your forte)!!
Also I've got a 3 channel mixer & the quality of the sound seems to have detereated a little since I've hooked all the equipment up, can any1 recommend a good mixer between £300-£400.
Help would be appreciated :gslayer:

D-Logik said:
as long as the tables pitch control aren't loose (i assume you have technic 1200s) just lock it in and mix it up man

Well yes & no, I've got 2x Technic 1210's but the third deck is a Gemini PT-1000 it's my older brothers so i thought i would take advantage of it while it was collecting dust in my loft.

hehe, quality i was gonna post about this today as well...

a mate just moved in with 2 more decks and a tascam mixer with 2 samplers, 2 fx units, sweepable eq's, crossfader curve etc....and its been 3 deck mix up madness for the past week!

as for tips, just practice i reckon, then practice some more.

Big up :gun:

temper_d said:
hehe, quality i was gonna post about this today as well...

a mate just moved in with 2 more decks and a tascam mixer with 2 samplers, 2 fx units, sweepable eq's, crossfader curve etc....and its been 3 deck mix up madness for the past week!

as for tips, just practice i reckon, then practice some more.

Big up :gun:

another tri-vinyl junkie in the forum!! Sounds like your household is going to be the venue for some serous sessions, maybe when I get my mixes together we will have to hook up & show the skills :slayer:
:rave:

sayber said:
another tri-vinyl junkie in the forum!! Sounds like your household is going to be the venue for some serous sessions, maybe when I get my mixes together we will have to hook up & show the skills :slayer:
:rave:

yeah man..i just pulled off my first ever triple drop!

hehe, its gonna be a while till i've got this locked i reckon!

its my housemate's turn with the techno records..slighter more suited to the 3 deck thing but thats not stopping me practicing with drum and bass....accapellas are the way forward :slayer:

been doing 3 n 4 dex mixing for quite a while now. alot of the skill is the tune selection, slapping in 3 is pretty easy but its gettin the right three so they don't sound to complex.

main usage of a third dec for me would be accepellas, teasing, scratchin, strobing, phasing and using it in conjunction with dec 2 to juggle over the 1st dec.

Problem is me bro has sold his vestax and I don't have a 3/4 channel scratch mixer so until I get another 1210 no 4 decin for me :/

Klusta - you definetley got the illskillz, that cd with crash an you was dinger!

Sayber - we gotta set up the decks like me an traxie did at the studiho - 2 mixers an 3 dex, absolute killer!
soon as you get a set fixed up on cd or minidisc, id hope id be one of the first to hear it!!!

If i had 3 dex on that cd i just did, that’d be :sick:

3 decks are good for getting shit set up fast also eh, last one playing, 2 more cued ready to go. 3+ decks riding is def more suited for techno tho must admit it, most dnb is way too busy to go more than the double drop, but yeah the 3rd deck is always useful (even if its jsut for resting your headphones on while you take a piss) o_O :lol:

Im getting this pretty quickly now, the beats & drops are sounding heavy but it gets a little confusing on a 3 channel mixer. Any1 got any suggestions for a decent 4 channel mixer?
You definelty need 3 of the same deck to mix on because my 1210's are fine when holding the pace of the record but the Gemini PT-1000 is lame & can cause a few 'Day at The Races' if you know what I mena.

good mixer is always useful ;) somethign with good bass eq would be good, esp if you plan on 3 deck mixing =)

one at the local club here i really like, its a rodec 6 channel, beefy and built like a tank, probably last as long as your decks ;) then theres the pinoeers, these are good with the fx and stuff but ti dont like the build on them. Last weekend was using one of those Allen & Heaths, now they are proper boh! :dutty:

Yer man those Rodecs look good, I was looking at a Vestax PCV-150 19" 4 Channel Mixer apparently this are pretty steady & I like the 19" Rack Style. There going preety cheap at the mo so end of the month may be a little investment. The Allen & Heath range doesn't impress me at the mo based on the prices & what you get for it. Well expensive IMO

sayber said:
Yer man those Rodecs look good, I was looking at a Vestax PCV-150 19" 4 Channel Mixer apparently this are pretty steady & I like the 19" Rack Style. There going preety cheap at the mo so end of the month may be a little investment. The Allen & Heath range doesn't impress me at the mo based on the prices & what you get for it. Well expensive IMO

ive been drooling outside my local music shop for the last three months over the Xone:32....dont know bout the price(which is indeed a bit :ban: ) but that VCF sounds tha bo'ox.
And imo if anyone invest in a xone:62 , he would have the advantage, cause most clubs have said mixer.
And if ya tink that you aint getting much for your money on teh
allen tools, me thinks that your money goes for built quality-penny&glides xfader:slayer:
i for one, aint bying a under 400 quid Vestax, coz their shite quality. the Xfader on mah PCV-175 died in jus 3 months, and i dont crab or any fancy shit like that.

GorDo said:
ive been drooling outside my local music shop for the last three months over the Xone:32....dont know bout the price(which is indeed a bit :ban: ) but that VCF sounds tha bo'ox.
And imo if anyone invest in a xone:62 , he would have the advantage, cause most clubs have said mixer.
And if ya tink that you aint getting much for your money on teh
allen tools, me thinks that your money goes for built quality-penny&glides xfader:slayer:
i for one, aint bying a under 400 quid Vestax, coz their shite quality. the Xfader on mah PCV-175 died in jus 3 months, and i dont crab or any fancy shit like that.

yeah im def feelign the allen & heath :devilslay

Gordo, my PCV-175 went in a few weeks, and I don't scratch! I've been put off Vestax for life because of that, and Vestax wern't that helpful either!

I've used the xone:62 a few times now, and I can safely say this is the best mixer ever! The only other mixer I really like, because it's a bit cheaper, is the Pioneer DJM500/600, but they feel a lot cheaper than the xone:62.

Bigup Allen & Heath!!!!!! :thumbsup:

sayber said:
Sounds like Im going to have to go over the £400 quid mark to get a good value mixer. What are the prices like on the Xone 62?
xone62mk2.gif

£745.00 from Sapphires

xone32.gif

£459.00 from Sapphires

http://www.mixers.co.uk/

Back
Top Bottom