3 Deck RINCE!!! dJ fLiCkY 9/9/08

was a good mix. some of the teasers (eg the one & recharge) came in some really random spots lol. i would suggest letting some of the mixes play out a little longer aswell.

3, 4, & 5 deck mixing isnt as easy as it looks. from the sounds of it, you had 4 decks. you gotta be able to flip through tunes really quickly and make sure that u throw them all in at the right spots... then you have to make sure that ur able to match 3 separate beats fast and efficiently. <-- you did a good job with this :)

i am interested to hear another mix from you, keep up the good work mate.
big ups

was a good mix. some of the teasers (eg the one & recharge) came in some really random spots lol. i would suggest letting some of the mixes play out a little longer aswell.

3, 4, & 5 deck mixing isnt as easy as it looks. from the sounds of it, you had 4 decks. you gotta be able to flip through tunes really quickly and make sure that u throw them all in at the right spots... then you have to make sure that ur able to match 3 separate beats fast and efficiently. <-- you did a good job with this :)

i am interested to hear another mix from you, keep up the good work mate.
big ups

i like dropping them for 15 secs thats why they are called treasers lol... but thanks mate!!

wont be doing another mix for a while till i have a new buch of tunes

Pon the download mate, and dont worry about people not posting mate it will pick up, least you got people on it though bruv, cant wait to listen.
cheers

I thought the teases were well placed in the mix although Planet Dust could of gone for a bit longer. Some of the tunes in the mix werent as loud as they could of been, that first J Majik one for example - I know you dont wanna make it sound cluttered but I guess it all just comes down to experience in selection.

Dont think Ive heard those new Chase & Status bits mixed better by anyone else to be honest though. Like the style of mixing more liquidy/jump up stuff with dark basslines too. Good mix overall. Check and critique mine now :razz:

Last edited:
Just two ways to get bare DJ bookings in my eyes:

a) Start your own night, promote the fuck out of it and set-swap with other promoters, gradually moving yourself up the bill. This won't work if you're shit at mixing though.
b) Produce a big tune that everyone loves. This is the route to take if you aint so hot on the decks.

As above, it aint what you know, its who!

Nuf respect to you Flicky, Messy set one of the best ive heard in a long time, keep them coming. Im loving the Timewarp – Subfocus, Smash Tv - Chase & Status mix.

Back
Top Bottom