DnB 3 DECK MIXING

:word:

I've heard some mixes over the years where people just do teases for the sake of it.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Imagine what your mixing would be like if you never met me ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of this a bit...

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I think tracks such as DJ Friendly Unit Shifter are ideal for 3 deck mixes. The reduction of bass modulation and the introduction of melodic elements/pads after 32 bars that lasts for 16 then straight back into the rowdyness for another 32. This enables you to bring in another track during that 16 which will drop work well with the next 32.

Floating Zero is another good example

I love tunes that do this... rat race and insecticide do it as well, its like a mini build up/drop half way through the main section

I 3 deck mix quite a bit.. usually have decks 1 and 2 mixed together as a live remix so to speak and then 3rd for mixing out of them both.

Can't say i've herd 3 tracks at once played well or sounding too good.... most mixers eq's don't cut freqs too well and must sound a bit mangled if not done perfectly??

the way cyantific mixes on three decks is basically the way I tend to follow.

have two tunes doubling...let the mix roll out, 32 bars is the norm for 2 deck mixes really, but he could have 2 tunes rolling up until 64 bars after the first drop.

while all this is going on, get the next tune cued. double on the next breakdown with either one of the current tunes you have in the mix.

at all times 2 tunes only! 3 tunes at once can sound really clashy IMO.

the way cyantific mixes on three decks is basically the way I tend to follow.

have two tunes doubling...let the mix roll out, 32 bars is the norm for 2 deck mixes really, but he could have 2 tunes rolling up until 64 bars after the first drop.

while all this is going on, get the next tune cued. double on the next breakdown with either one of the current tunes you have in the mix.

at all times 2 tunes only! 3 tunes at once can sound really clashy IMO.

This is how I try and do it most of the time, just add the ocasional tease and you got yourself some big tings going down!

I was there on my 19th Birthday... What a night!!! Can see my hand in it at points!!

I love that video, when ever I hear friction drop see red I go way more crazy than I probably should! All the videos from that hardware night are full of some of the biggest mixes, can't believe I wasn't there!

Back
Top Bottom