3 deck mixing

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
I had my first go at 3 deck mixing on the weekend and i must say... HOW MUCH FRICKIN BETTER IS IT???

I actually found a new love for mixing n felt like a kid in a sweet shop as i was rippin vinyl out my box n doin mixes every 40 secs or whatever and using the filters on the djm900. It was good man.

So yeah, gonna grab me a 3rd deck now n get stuck into it.

If u aint already tried it, try it!!!

cool story bro

jokes! yeah i felt the same man i got 3 decks now it is exactly like u say startin mixing all over again a new buzz for it, aint easy tho... takes a long time to get locked, still aint there!

And thats the most important thing

Its all good saying you can three deck mix but it takes alot to be good at it. Flopping on 3 decks is even worse than doing it on 2. Though i personally think D&B is better on 2 decks anyway

I've just got myself a 3rd technic. Also i have purchased a checked shirt and a baseball cap & have filed the paperwork to change my name to andy. :P

I'm not too fussed about the whole 3 deck thing, it's quality over quantity for me really.

But if it rocks your boat then why not

three decks is cool, but for me its better left to the experts.

2 vinyl decks ftw. but i'd seriously contemplate a CDJ as a 3rd deck.

ahhhhh me and a freind are a duo........... we use 4 cdj's! roller ontop of roller ontop of roller ontop of roller................

i find it much more fun with more!

ahhhhh me and a freind are a duo........... we use 4 cdj's! roller ontop of roller ontop of roller ontop of roller................

i find it much more fun with more!

Its boring with CD's though

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 ----------

Why the fuck would you ever need four decks? If you kept all the channels up at the same time it would just sound like a mess.

Its bad to do that even when there are only two tunes playing.
Never have two basses playing at once. NEVER!

Its boring with CD's though

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 ----------

Its bad to do that even when there are only two tunes playing.
Never have two basses playing at once. NEVER!

Once you get back on the mixing n ting we gotta record a b2b 3 deck mix on video! g'wan sam!

And ye, 3 decks is the way to do it, you can do so much moar. Just keep loads of tracks in reserve that you know you can drop in one phrase easily, like floating zero, alien girl, the nine, near miss, minimal funk, skip rope, hard noize, tesla, the beginning... could go on for ages, but basically whenever you have two tunes locked, you can reach for one of these and bang out another tease, tunes that have easy to find cue points where they drop in one phrase are the ultimate dj tool for people on 3 decks

Why the fuck would you ever need four decks? If you kept all the channels up at the same time it would just sound like a mess.

Ive had times in a 3 deck mix where i could really use a 4th for cueing purposes.. Would never have 4 tunes rolling together, barely ever have 3, i like to keep a constant flow of 2 tunes so bring one in as I bring out or just heavily eq one down if im having 3

I'm liking the third deck more for long drawn out mixes and the fact you can drop more teases in a mix.

Not really one for three tunes playing at once though, you'd have to find some really specific tunes that went well together- seems like effort and a good mix should be effortless.

blackly, amc & noize are the best i've seen at it
if you can do it well and play the right tunes then its decent, if you're selecting tunes with no actual purpose other than to mix 3 tunes at once then why do it?....
a lot of its showboating, i couldn't hack a whole night of it...the djs who book us in belgiun (gunman & judah) are pretty good at it too..you gotta have a versatile selection to make it work

Been wanting to get on it for ages, got a djm400 tho so would need a new mixer + another deck

EXACTLY the same as me. Tis annoying in the slightest, not sure to get a djm800 or xone42 or maybe even be the big boy and save for the 900N.

Topic starter, what the is the djm900 like to mix on? I don't play out that often at the moment, is it worth saving for?

Back
Top Bottom