2nd track, critique appreciated!

It's got a great vibe; I really like the beat, and the voices sound great. You did a wonderful job mixing, especially for a beginner. I almost wonder what it would sound like with different kick and snare samples completely. The bass is also all sub, and could use some more presence in the mids. Drumline coming in at 2:35ish is really great. I'm not sure about the sub-only drop at about 3:00.

Overall, it's great that you've already got a good sense of structure and progression; the tune definitely told a story.

It's got a great vibe; I really like the beat, and the voices sound great. You did a wonderful job mixing, especially for a beginner. I almost wonder what it would sound like with different kick and snare samples completely. The bass is also all sub, and could use some more presence in the mids. Drumline coming in at 2:35ish is really great. I'm not sure about the sub-only drop at about 3:00.

Overall, it's great that you've already got a good sense of structure and progression; the tune definitely told a story.

Hi, thanks for your thoughts, appreciate that.
I totally get where your coming from with the kick / snare, as I made them before the track unfolded and I agree they do sound out of place a little (kind of like jump up snares imo). Anyway, thought I'd move on to the next track since I'd spent so long tinkering with it.

Back
Top Bottom