2nd track, critique appreciated!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Blend 107, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Blend 107

Blend 107 New Member

Hi,
    I've just finished a new track and was really hoping I could receive some thoughts / criticism. I couldn't really figure out what sub genre it fits into .. but hope you enjoy!

Thanks a lot :)

2. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

2nd DnB Track or 2nd track ever?

It's sounding nice and relaxing, the hats just sound a bit hollow to me.

3. Blend 107

Blend 107 New Member

Second track ever, yes I'll try to bring them out a little more in the next one :), thanks for listening!

4. kdk

kdk Member

It's got a great vibe; I really like the beat, and the voices sound great. You did a wonderful job mixing, especially for a beginner. I almost wonder what it would sound like with different kick and snare samples completely. The bass is also all sub, and could use some more presence in the mids. Drumline coming in at 2:35ish is really great. I'm not sure about the sub-only drop at about 3:00.

Overall, it's great that you've already got a good sense of structure and progression; the tune definitely told a story.

5. Blend 107

Blend 107 New Member

Hi, thanks for your thoughts, appreciate that.
    I totally get where your coming from with the kick / snare, as I made them before the track unfolded and I agree they do sound out of place a little (kind of like jump up snares imo). Anyway, thought I'd move on to the next track since I'd spent so long tinkering with it.