2nd Jump up tune on soundcloud

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Code:Red, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Code:Red

Code:Red Defiant

Hey, this is my second attempt at producing and i've so far, put this together.
    The tracks entitled 'Serious Sound' and it should be at the top of the playlist.
    Feedback appreciated :)

http://soundcloud.com/code-redd

2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

try to layer the snare a bit more, mix up the hats a bit as theyre too stale atm.

apart from that i like this synth in the intro, needs more of that after the drop, as the synth there is just not full enough to carry on the whole tune if you know what i mean. get rid of this high pitched thing aswell, or atleast take it down^^

work on your mixdown aswell, thats the main issue here for sure. but i like the idea of it. could be a stomper. keep at it.

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

My personal opinion is that the synth bass sound at the start is just a little too loud, but apart from that it's cool.

I know from personal experience that starting out is hard because all everyone will tell you is to focus on the mixdown/mastering. But it's crucial. I'm still learning how to do this myself, and would be the first to admit every tune I create needs the mastering worked on!

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

this!

code:red what synth did you use to make that distorted minds style growling womp? It's about one synth sound i have never been able to get close to but want to so badly!

by the way, the concept of your first tune is bad boy... the slow half stepping kcik and snare over that woble sound great... although mix down leaves something to be desired?

5. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

i think the mix may need adjustment, the snare doesn't quite enough for me. i like the bass sound quite a bit! i think a little more energy and this thing is golden.