25 Massive Heavy Bass Presets

Whats the difference between an 808 clap sample or a Vengeance kick or a preset for a synth, that you can later modify to fit exactly to your idea/track?

There are a lot of people rinsing the Vengeance sample packs. Its getting to the stage where a lot of never artists don't have a signature drum sound which I think is important as drums can make or break a tune IMO.

I hate being negative, I'm such an emo but...

Hearing presets in tunes actually makes me lose a little bit of respect whoever uses them.

That's just silly. I've recognized almost untouched presets and loops in so many tunes made by well known producers that i stopped paying attention. If the tune is good it's good even if the producer didn't make every single sound in it from scratch.
If anything, hearing a preset/sample/loop in a professional tune makes me think "why didn't i use that bit as good as they did and why did i think people would think i'm lazy and unoriginal if i use this or that sound?"

That's just silly. I've recognized almost untouched presets and loops in so many tunes made by well known producers that i stopped paying attention. If the tune is good it's good even if the producer didn't make every single sound in it from scratch.
If anything, hearing a preset/sample/loop in a professional tune makes me think "why didn't i use that bit as good as they did and why did i think people would think i'm lazy and unoriginal if i use this or that sound?"

Not many people agree with my opinion on this matter. A lot of people tend to argue with me about it. I'd never really want to use a sound that thousands of other people have access to. I'd like to impart as much originality as possible when it come to making music. The possiblities are endless with synthesis. I think people should embrace it.

Yeah I agree. When I first started I used to adjust presets to make my own sounds. When you're starting out or are just doing it for a laugh its cool. I just mean people who are actually calling themselves 'artists' who sell their music for money.

I actually see it the other way around now. I think fear of samples and pre-sets is quite noob, when you want to prove to yourself that you can make this or that sound from scratch.

Once you realise you can, while it is satisfying for sure, it probably doesn't really matter does it. You'll be judged by the tune as a whole with hooks, groove and structure being far more important (that's the hard part)

I actually see it the other way around now. I think fear of samples and pre-sets is quite noob, when you want to prove to yourself that you can make this or that sound from scratch.

Once you realise you can, while it is satisfying for sure, it probably doesn't really matter does it. You'll be judged by the tune as a whole with hooks, groove and structure being far more important (that's the hard part)

I couldn't really imagine someone like Amon Tobin using a preset.

I couldn't really imagine someone like Amon Tobin using a preset.

He used to sample other people's work tho - complete loops of 5+ seconds. He turns in to something so special you would never even think about presets, samples etc. I think in the end that's exactly what it's about.

Also, he uses Kyma. You honestly think he codes everything from the ground up?

He used to sample other people's work tho - complete loops of 5+ seconds. He turns in to something so special you would never even think about presets, samples etc. I think in the end that's exactly what it's about.

Yeah probably not.
Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Endrant/

Lets offer some constructive feedback on the patches and ting...

Yeah probably not.
Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Endrant/

Lets offer some constructive feedback on the patches and ting...

haha preset phobia er
eastern jam was a hit and they used brutal electro. same goes for d double e - street fighter. both used the same preset but they smashing tunes! there is a lot that comes after... modulations, arrangement, mix down etc
i remember seeing a rant from Octane Dlr - they were moaning that people that used sounds from their sample pack were nominated for the dnb awards but not them lol

haha preset phobia er
eastern jam was a hit and they used brutal electro. same goes for d double e - street fighter. both used the same preset but they smashing tunes! there is a lot that comes after... modulations, arrangement, mix down etc
i remember seeing a rant from Octane Dlr - they were moaning that people that used sounds from their sample pack were nominated for the dnb awards but not them lol

Ha! If I made a sample that somebody used to win an award I would be braggin'. Sure a bit jealous but proud too.

haha preset phobia er

They are similar but I don't think its the same.
The bass in the D Double E track was from FM8 I think.

The majority of Alex Perez - 1984.... Was written with presets from the virus ti2 polar... Anyone else that has one will be able to verify that. I'm not one for snobbery... It's a load of shit. If it sounds good, it sounds good. Having said this, people shouldn't take the piss.

Its how you use it at the end of the day lol.

exactly, why put a pack out if you dont want people to use it! to be fair, it was a tradgedy that octane and dlr didnt even get a mention in the dnb awards, there album was highly under rated. but are the dnb awards really that diverse to include such artists is another question

exactly, why put a pack out if you dont want people to use it! to be fair, it was a tradgedy that octane and dlr didnt even get a mention in the dnb awards, there album was highly under rated. but are the dnb awards really that diverse to include such artists is another question

As with most of the good stuff tbh

Back
Top Bottom