25 Massive Heavy Bass Presets

Discussion in 'Production' started by polymass, Dec 25, 2012.

1. polymass

polymass @humanowrkshop

[​IMG]

Howdy ho folks! Just a shameles self plug here - I just released a neuro bass pack that you can download for just a tenner. After the crazy amounts of people that downloaded my free pack (see sig), I thought it woud be a good idea to make a pack with 25 bass sounds containing carefully mapped macros ensuring many creative uses for each preset. No folder full of the same patch with a different wavetable - full on unique sounds, all 25 of them.

GET IT HERE :D

Happy holidays guys n galls!

mistasfx likes this.
  2. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

Repped. Excellent stuff

3. polymass

polymass @humanowrkshop

Thanks!

4. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Sorry in advance...

PEOPLE MAKE YOUR OWN!

5. sam the dnb man

Big up to the guy who made them though.

6. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

Definitely kudos to polymass and the guys at humanworkshop, fucking PHENOMENAL out of this world sound. I picked up Oskillator a lil' while back and nothing else I have compares.

7. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I'm gonna be real honest here...........All those sounds in that demo dissapoint me. They sound far too "Massive" for my taste. Now I know they are patches for massive, but they just have that bog standard sound that we all know now. And none of them represent "Neuro" quite that much? To me it sounds like I would have to do a whole heap of manipulation and design to those sounds to get them to a real solid "Neuro" level. Which, if I was looking for a pack of Neuro sounds, I wouldnt want to do.

Sorry

8. bull3tpr00f

bull3tpr00f Active Member

making money with patches? muahahah

9. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

This.

10. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Dagz I have concrete respect for you cos you're tall and know shadow demons but why the fuck are you in production section? isn't there a thread in general section about jaydan or guv or one of them fassy'oles that you should be lurking in.

11. polymass

polymass @humanowrkshop

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

About massive sounding like massive; most likely right about that. But if i listen to today's neurfunk releases i'd say the presets would well in many producers workflow. If you feel they are not 'neuro' enough, make sure to keep an eye out for a custom Kontakt instrument I am working on. It's full of processed sounds.

And yeah, making money on selling patches, hearing them back in music online, it lots of fun! Try it some time, if people would be interested.

12. polymass

polymass @humanowrkshop

Thanks mate, means alot!

13. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Please dont feel like I was trying to insult you, I have heard many amazing sounds come from the human workshop. Which is probably why I am dissapointed in this pack. Neuro sounds dont just end at the massive stage as you of all people are aware. I think you would benefit more if you spent more time proccessing these patches, then selling them as a sample pack instead of a patch pack.

14. polymass

polymass @humanowrkshop

No worries, no insult taken ;)

Like I said, wait for the kontakt synth if your after processed sounds.

However there are plenty of people who like to deconstruct these patches, add fx or even resample. Altough with a little distortion and compression you can come along way. I'll make a little video tho, showing some options ;)

And tbh, dnbforum is by far the nicest place arround. Besides a couple ppl nagging about selling patches, people at least take the time to tell me what they like about it or what they would like to see better. I posted at dsf and people just posted pics of alpacas... Pretty sure i still receive a fair amount of dsf traffic to my free patches tho :D

15. Elzerk

Elzerk 00111100 00110011

Blaaah blah blah, presets are for resampling and getting the basic stuff on the go, not that special to be honest but hey there are some good ideas even for neuro there.

Just saw the post^ I agree here are some assholes but constructive criticism is still strongly present, you get what you give and so on god Im drunk

Big up humanworkshop, taught me the importance of layering!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  16. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

That is not a bad idea. What do you think Fletch? I'm down for making some thor patches. Just don't know how to upload them so people can download.

17. sam the dnb man

I hate being negative, I'm such an emo but...

Hearing presets in tunes actually makes me lose a little bit of respect whoever uses them.

18. polymass

polymass @humanowrkshop

Whats the difference between an 808 clap sample or a Vengeance kick or a preset for a synth, that you can later modify to fit exactly to your idea/track?

With a preset you can make it your own very easily. There are macros on each patch, adding even more flexibility - and like I mentioned before, some people buy presets because they like to deconstruct them. Either way, much morecontrol over the sound then another sample pack.

It also makes me think about the mellotron the first sampler ever :D i love those presets to bits

19. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I used to be that way. Not so much any more. Sometimes I don't feel the need to make a riser or a pad if I already have a preset. Just tweek it to the song and move on to the next phase. I would probably use bass presets but reason does not have any good ones. Plus my favorite part of making drum and bass is making the bass. However, I would not knock on someone for using a bass preset especially if they are new at it. I'm sure there is a middle ground for everyone.

20. sam the dnb man

Yeah I agree. When I first started I used to adjust presets to make my own sounds. When you're starting out or are just doing it for a laugh its cool. I just mean people who are actually calling themselves 'artists' who sell their music for money.