24 hour licenses (fabric, cable etc...)

The Fiendish

Why do most venues with 24 hour licences (for dnb nights at least) shut at 6am. They could easily go for another couple of hours with the amount of people still there by the end of the night. I know room 2 at cable stays open for that house thing, why not keep the room 1 open as well?

dunno, but that'd be sweet, just bowl up at 7am after your brekky and go for a quick rave

I rarely stay til 6 aswell, but I was there at the end of a bunch of cuts at cable, room 1 closed down and room 2 was sectioned off and jaded started in there. Was pissed cos I couldve stayed for another couple of hours but didnt want to listen to house.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Do they go on for longer in Germany then?

Well depends of course, smaller events might end earlier but 8 AM is pretty much standard. If its a bigger event tho it could be last DJ is on at 8 till whatever.

Why do most venues with 24 hour licences (for dnb nights at least) shut at 6am. They could easily go for another couple of hours with the amount of people still there by the end of the night. I know room 2 at cable stays open for that house thing, why not keep the room 1 open as well?

Cus everyone's gone home by then, there are after party raves for some big events though.

I've always wanted to go play at an illegal event in the morning after a nice nights sleep, would be weird seeing all the mess heads though when your fresh as a daisy.

The problem is that if the police had their way all these late night venues would be shut down. The Tudor Rose in Southall recently lost two hours off it's license even though the police were the only ones to make a complaint. They aren't really meant to play the role of the victim in these kinds of circumstances but obviously they do. It's par for the course for them to kick off to the local council about a night club who then gets it's license called in for review. The poor night club owner then ends up having to argue the toss against highly paid police barristers and snobby local councillors (sticking their oars in because they think it'll win them a few votes). Like Easy E said FUCK THE POLICE!

If you think that's bad enough check out these undercover cops lying about 'Fire' Nightclub in Vauxhall which is currently shut down because of blatantly corrupt policing. Anybody who's been there will tell you there is no 'drug problem' people are not dealing in front of the bar (which is too high for the bar staff to see over lol) nor are they taking heroin in the toilets. It's a a load of complete and utter balls. http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/moderngov/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?ID=2387

The police fucking hate 24 hour licenses because it means they have to do some work past 4am on a night shift. I was at Fire a few weeks before it shut down and I couldn't believe how healthy and normal and above all clean cut everybody looked. The police are liers it's as simple as that.

I think night clubs that keep hold of their 24 hour licenses only do so by keeping the main stay of their activities to the hours of darkness and by leaning heavily on a few warm-hearted and generous local councillors on the local licensing committee. It's all about politics gentlemen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom