2006 - how was it for you?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sdm, Dec 28, 2006.

1. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

With 2006 drawing to a close, I thought it might be a good idea to get an idea of how its been for you lot! Your replies can be personal or Drum & Bass related.

Personally, I've changed a lot during 2006, mostly thanks to a certain person who helped me to change the way I think and feel about myself. Secondly, I started going to the gym around April time, I've managed to get down from just under 17st to just under 13st.

My love for D&B drifted towards the middle of the year, thanks to Dubstep! However I'm happy to say I've re-found my love for D&B towards the end of this year, so all is back on track! I'm definitely going to try and put some time into dnbforum.com when I get a moment during 2007 - a revamped design, new features and functionality etc.

So, how was 2006 for you?

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

its been one of the best years in my life, ive had a whale of a time. dont know where to start really. the european heatwave hit amsterdam hard so the summer was nearly tropical. it actually feels like i didnt work all summer and i really dont remember doing it. but i did, obiviously. spent october in the carribean, christmas in sweden, all in all it has been a fantastic year. curious about NYE, see if i can finish it off in a grand way too.

good to hear you kept on going to the gym, do you get all the babes now that youre buff?

3. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Not really :teeth: However I did unexpectedly find a wonderful girl during October (on apples' birthday outing no less!), we've been together since - she's amazing :love:

4. logikz

nice one big daddy get in!! pics? or is it too soon maybe.

5. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Standard logikz! :teeth:

Well she's on MySpace, and you could find that just by looking at my Myspace! So here you go:

http://www.myspace.com/skidmanski

6. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

U WANT TRUTH !!! (n) total year of pure wacknes ?

from leaving france for a cheating blagging lier of a bint to getting meeting to many HATERS VIA FORUMS !!!

dont get me wrong here yo !! music wise WHOA !!! salute to the dawgs who made the beats to please my ears nar mean .. big year for hip hop dnb dubstep techno ragga breaks and house lol .. so thats worth a smile ....

still broke still doing a struggle so until i make good money find me a non cheating fupping bint shit the bed life aint going to change .......

anyway... salute to those that didnt hate this year and to those that did,hope you get invovled in a freek piano falling accident ........ standard!!!!!!!! happy fupping new year and i hope the pathway to your goals isent made to hard view wankers .......

@ sdm sounds like a good year sir ... large it !!! keep up the dubstep sir knocking out some tidy beats bro .........

piece tpi

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  7. logikz

youre a lucky man stuu. plus youve lost weight thats for sure and for true, i can tell that much from the pic where shes licking your face. and theres apples too, how about that, never a dull moment down portsmouth hey??

8. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Yeah we have a lot of fun here in cloudy Portsmouth! Big up the apples and co. :slayer:
    Thank you man, I'm trying my best! :)

9. RAZE

RAZE Member

LIMEWAX & CURRENT VALUE.

2006......A vintage year.

Re-discovered a passion that was lost for a while, hadn't touched vinyl for about 2 years but then one moment of curiousity...............bye bye wages on a regular basis. Just been loving the sounds that have been coming through this year, and loving the childish excitement that buying new tunes brings again!
    DnB has taken care of all the personal things that have happened this year,well, that and Whisky.:alchy:

10. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

2006 way a cracking year for me as well, a few lows but mainly highs.

Firstly, my business is starting to pick up and is inching close towards breaking even, which is a good sign.
    Secondly, I got into dubstep in a big way and have been promoting events and stuff. People seem to be digging it more than dnb, so the events have been nearly as big as my dnb events in a very short period of time. And I converted a local DJ from hiphop to dubstep, something which dnb hasn't been able to do in the three years I've been here. Unfortunetely though, because of all this dubstep bizniz, my passion for dnb has been waining. I love it to bits still, but making it and playing it has been shelved to make way for dubstep.
    A low point was my mum getting really sick and not being able to go home and see how she is doing, she's got a blood disease and its affected her walking and stuff, and she needs to be on injections for the rest of her life.
    My brother and sister came out here for my birthday, first time that I have seen anyone from back home since I left, so that was good. We went to Beijing and a few other places that I haven't seen before, so it was good to go traveling with them.
    Me and my girlfriend are still together, 7 years going strong.

That's all I can think of rheet now but there are some other cool things that have happened. Just hope next year can be as good.

11. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

What business do you run? :)

Dubstep :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

12. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Hey what you call a mixed bag I reckon. Started bad with a visit to someones deathbed and a funeral, and leaving Mencap. Being out of work for two months sucked too.

Making tracks and playing on pirate got me through that as did my girl .

Finally got a full time job and then went to Latvia and Italy for weddings.

But had to got to a funeral in May.

Summer was really good, everything was sweet.

It all went downhill shortly after I had a dream I was watching the most beautiful sunset you could imagine. ( I looked it up and it means the end of an era.)

How true, two days later my last surviving Grandparent was dead, and three weeks later My girl of 2 and half years left me. ( I didn't want to buy a house cos she wouldn't reant a place for six months to see how we got on...hmmm)

Christmas Eve was spent driving around on my own trying to make sense of it all, and feeling about as low as I can remember in last 10years. Not my best.

Suffice to say I have been trying to claw myself up from the pits since. Her ignoring a "Happy Christmas" text really helped , cos that was so tight I kinda feel like I don't need that and so stopped thinking "How can I make it right"...shagged three girls since then, all one nighters but sure has helped.:jay:

Hopefully next year will be more steady, and I'll meet someone who is mature enough to make a go of it with.
    Anyway I hope you all have a good 007 :pimp:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  13. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Well, it got off to a memorably bad start, being forcibly thrown down the stairs and chucked out of Breakneck NYE @Front Room, by a bouncer for not moving out of a corridor quickly enough...

But generally Breakneck has been very sweet, and provided some of my better moments this yr, (and settled in a good direction with PunchFunk), and the problem bouncer(s) have been removed from service at the pier, (but not before far too many incidents and complaints all round).

Life wise...I've been chasing proper work, which has been generally shite, since I finished an extremely hard worked for MA towards the end of 05. I have had a few articles published, managed to keep poor but busy, and have interviewed some great people (Dustin Hofman & Emma Thompson included).

Music wise, I got into Speakers Corner, seeing plentiful live underground hiphop every month, and have witnessed some great acts, met some cool people, and got some great music out of that. As well as rediscovering my love for real hiphop...

Relationship wise was great, til getting dumped on Xmas day, which will be the defining event of this year. Misery and pain and emptiness, and even more uncertainty over the future...:confused:

Oh well...Goodbye 06:wave: and I'm praying for a better 07.

14. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Comisserations Bruv, I know roughly how your feeling. Not nice. Next xmas will be better, for now its gonna be a grey day :(

15. mesh

mesh Active Member

this thread requires me to analyse my life, and after last night i'm not comfortable with that.

nah, it was a nice nye i guess... wasted on rocket beans and stupid juice. 2006 was good for my job, which i am now bored of and frustrated with anyway. didnt go out so much, only about 6 big nights all year i guess, which is okay by me.

also apparently the year dnb lost a huge huge chunk of people to dubstep, probably for ever. i mean i know it will still be loved forever by those people, but maybe the passion for dnb wont return.

time we thinned the ranks a bit anyway :teeth:

Life goes on.

16. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Internet software development, making customised programs for chinese businesses to run on their websites, like IM's, games, and e-commerce software.
    No english at the moment, but its in our business plan.
    We also have a personal webpage provider site, like a chinese myspace, on the go. Trying to encompass a lot of features from many websites and combine them in the same site, and that is starting to pick as well.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  17. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

:word: ha!

yeah well this year has been a rollercoaster, i wouldn't deem bad one but all over the place. i've graduated from uni, had i think 4 different jobs (3 in the space of a few weeks), moved back with my dad (eek, but not too bad), been to Jordan for a weeek (got back yesterday), met loads of wicked people and found a best mate that i'm pretty sure will be for the rest of eternity (mwuhahahaha ;)). i must admit the year has ended in a good place, few bad bits near the end but its only made me stronger and realise that i can do it alone.

so now on 19th Jan im moving across the water to IOW to work for PGL (http://www.pgl.co.uk/online/) till nov unless it all goes tits up haha and either is good :D yes i am in a good mood on this lovely sunny 2007 day :)

Happy New year guys!! xxxx:beers:

18. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Played a great set yesterday but I feel very fragile after the cheap champagne. And I'll probably have a crap week. Resolution - no drinking till my birthday.

19. skeez

skeez Nuke 'em all !

2006 was really nice year. 2007 stared horrible. I burned a few holes in my new jacket :( . Fuc**** fireworks :/

20. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

haha...I burned my new shirt Launching a Bottle rocket out my zipper last night?!?!?! atleast I didnt blaze off me Jiblets.
    But yea this year Honestly wasnt my favorite...I feel older. It was rather uneventful...and I got wrapped up in a lot of drama.
    I could go on & on:violin:
    but yea 06 was okie