200 Police Raid and SHUT DOWN The Fridge, Brixton last night!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Apr 16, 2006.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

What night was on there last night?

3. BeyondTherapy

techno thing by the look at it :jay: :ban: :ban:

4. Triple M

Triple M Admin

200 Police?!

Bit extreme innit?!

5. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I'd say not enough, at least 800 to make it worth while, throw in a few choppers and scud missiles, then we're talking.

6. Triple M

Triple M Admin

7. Triple M

Triple M Admin

[​IMG]

"WE HEAR U HAVE TEH CRACK COCK!"

8. BeyondTherapy

worst thing is / i bet the ticket holders dont get there money back ............... :mad:

9. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

[​IMG]
    Coming soon!
    To a rave near you!

10. dizetoot

dizetoot New Member

Think it was a polysexual night. So hard dance?

whole thing is fucking ridiculous, all about making up police figures :mad:

11. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

yeah shoulda carpet bomed everyone!!!!

yat least my taxes are being used!

phew! thank god for that!

12. Charge

Charge Member

2 months intelligance work and they arrest 11 people in a night club!! What a joke!! Well I hope they are proud that they probably ruined everyone's night. Good work all round!

13. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

1 of those 11 was my mate, who got busted for having 2 pills on him.

I swear if theyd put 200 police out on the beat that night they would of busted a whole lot mroe people with Class As.

14. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Its so crazy how the world is turning these days. I mean fair enough they can try take the drugs away from the scene but at the end of the day, they ain't going to stop it completely. Theres always going to be coke heads, crack fiends and bean freaks. Did anyone hear of police waiting near farringdon station for ravers going to fabric a few weeks back? they had SHITLOADS of police at the station with snifferdogs One of my mates had a coupla beans (pills) and he got nicked and taken down the London station.. Its not like he had a whole fucking great big sack full of the fucking things! He was only carrying two! I think it was a waste of the polices' time tbh especially when they could be putting a stop towards more important crime ie. murders, rapings, muggings etc.

15. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Reminds me of the time I had just finished playing at club in Bracknel which had just been bought by one of the regions biggest smack barons (oxford to Reading sorta manor)..( Not even naming the club 4 my own sake)....but might be able to run a firm, but forgot to renew entertainments license so 15 coppers (all in hi viz happy hardcore jackets) and enuf council officials come busting in and knicked the promoter and all the dj's , except me cos I hid my tunes under my chair
    However was not allowed to leave teh club until 3am on a Firday morning after 4 hours of BULLSHIT. :nono:

Oh yeah and NEVER go to the Carling Academy in Angel ( used to be PAradise/Bluenote 2)..the bouncers run a steal your gear and sell it back to ya scam.....not a clever idea...heard of bouncers getting ???ed for that sort of thing.:mad: :mad: :mad:

16. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

"People come to Brixton to have fun and enjoy the nightlife, they do not want to come to clubs where they are being peddled drugs"

Mwahahahahahahahaha.

Which is why they don't go to those clubs.

Which is why 200 cops aren't needed to bust those clubs.

What a load of bollocks.

Drugs are and will be a part of the music scene as they have been even before the E in the WarehousE where house was born, before Sid Vicious smacking to death, before Hendrix choking on vomit, before Eric Clapton's Cocaine song, before the LSD in Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, before Ray Charles stuck a needle in his arm, before Chopin becking opium drops and before Greeks getting high on mushrooms and dancing about naked.

Some people take, some don't. If you don't want any, you don't buy from a dealer, he isn't going to hassle you. If you don't want to see gurners, you don't go to a gurning club. The owners are the ones who control what goes on.

17. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

They done the same when i went to Koko. We got into the club for a breakin science a while back and for those of you that have been before, we decided to go to the top levels, but as we first got in we were trying to find our way to the other levels. We went a wrong way and stumbled into the halls for the fire exit. We realised we had gone the wrong way so we went to go back into the club. Suddenly two bouncers come storming through the fire exit shouting and kicking the several shits out of this chavvy teen who had a bag of pills in his hand. Now these two bouncers looked pretty fucking scary. I'm talking like "i've been hitting up shitloads of steroids/crack/coke etc" type scary. Their teeth were gritted and their eyes were huge and they were both breathing really quick. These guys looked like fucking rabid animals and they were giving chavvy the slap of his life. The bouncers then saw us and asked us what the fuck were we doing in the fire escape hall. They thought that we had snuck into koko through the back. Luckily we had all bought waters and drinks at the bar before this whole mess, and we explained to the bouncers that if we had snuck in how could we possibly have these drinks. The bouncers both looked at each other and one said "Go on Fuck off back in". We all quickly ran back into the rave, passing chavvy who had tears streaming down his face.
    Further on into the night we saw various people being dragged through these doors and then coming out looking roughed up. Even my mate got dragged in just for having a pill in his hand & i'm pretty sure i see a shady bouncer giving this other small guy a bag of something (possibly to sell it back in the club). London can be a real twisted place to rave sometimes man.

18. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

It's shite.

And about 5 years too late... The Fridge used to be rammed every Fri & Sat. Now they get 300-400 in.

200 cops to raid 130 clubbers...11 arrests was it? If only 10 per cent of the clubbers are using drugs, is that a problem? In Brixton on a Saturday night, far more people than that are using hard drugs...

Stats say 70-90% of people at hard dance clubnights are hacked up...

I made a v.good legit living out of The Fridge a few years ago, selling glowsticks (the shame) and original Tshirts which said 'Nobody Knows I Take Ecstasy' & 'I heart (LOVE) E'. I sold hundreds of them, plus E Testing kits, and drug harm prevention books...

I stopped because it just wasn't worth it, the club has been half empty for years.

It's a crackdown on 'clubbing', at the same time as 24hr licenses for alcohol has seen a boom in Sunday morning clubs...???

That shite about protecting people from criminals...i.e. drug dealers / users, why else do people go to 'hard dance' nights?

19. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Certain venues innit...Koko (and Camden Palace before it was re-named has had a long history of bouncer violence, as did Bagleys).

Most places (Fridge included) are cool.

I just wish the law took bouncer-clubber aggro as seriously as they take adults using recreational drugs...

:soap_box: :shrug: