20 Reasons Why WAV Is Better Than MP3 ( By Silent Code )

..so where does the extra one go?

butt1.jpg

If you're listening to 320s you can only get 160kbps in each ear. To get 360 degree sound you need WAVs. And 3 ears.

I don't think that is true. Only with VBR that will be the case. When exporting an MP3 in Logic you have the choice of bitrate between the stereo and mono signal

im not a sound engineer or biologist, but using our ears we can tell pretty accurately where a sound is coming from from anywhere around us. So surely if our ears were just "stereo" sound would be flat either side of us and we wouldnt be able to do that? Or is it our brain that does that and our ears are in fact stereo?

More asking for someone more knowledgeable than me to explain, rather than arguing a point here.

its ur brain that figures it out for you yep, doppler extracted from left/right information. doppler is frequency shift, like when a police siren seems to pitch bend as it approaches your position, ur brain can than figure out where its coming from

Last edited:
So let me get this right , if i dont have a drink or smoke when i go out i wont be able to hear the mc's?

haha if only mate , but you get my point yeah ?

Most of the nights I go to the MC's just host and the mic levels are fine. I was referring to the part where you said that the music is going to be played to a room full of fucked people which kind of insinuates that it doesn't matter if a track is of poor quality because people can't notice the different anyway.

Most of the nights I go to the MC's just host and the mic levels are fine. I was referring to the part where you said that the music is going to be played to a room full of fucked people which kind of insinuates that it doesn't matter if a track is of poor quality because people can't notice the different anyway.

yeah i suppose it would insinute that mate if you didnt look at the full picture of the d+b scene and only focused on the specific night you go to and the habits you have when clubbing. i was merly stating that quality goes out the window when mc gobshite is chatting bollocks at 100mph over all the tunes and a percentage of the crowd are mashed on m-kat or the like.

If you rip a song from youtube at say 96kbps then convert it to 320kbps it gives it this lovely wav sound

Yes totally,

If you add abit of tomato ketchup, it almost tastes nice too

Some might question this method tho they might prefer mayo

Back
Top Bottom