20 Reasons Why WAV Is Better Than MP3 ( By Silent Code )

what makes me laugh on the discussion of sound quality on a club system or home system is that producers put every minute piece of the tune under the microscope to make sure they get the perfect sound , honing there skills and producing the best work they possibly can so that some idiot mc can shout over the top of it with his "mugg me granny at the bustop lyrics" and to play to ravers fucked of there face on A class substances.

Granted were all having a great time but as long as a tune does its job i dont think it matters that much as long as the quality is not really really shit end rips off the internet. I remember the days of playing my crackly hammered vinyls and dubplates to death and the partys were still banging, i still enjoyed my tunes.

I go to a lot of raves sober though...

considering A LOT of dj's are redlining the shit out of the mixer, the tunes distort to shit anyway! i think if you take djing seriously, splashing 100 quid on a big hard drive isnt exactly a big ask either.

i dont know a great deal about the digital world, but im a firm believer that whatever route you choose to take, vinyl or digi, you should be playing your tunes at the highest possible quality. you wouldnt see a band choosing substandard equimpent if they could have the better equipment, same thing with dnb imo

A Porsche is faster than a smart car.
I could give 20 reason why this is so but what would be the fucking point.

whatever route you choose to take, vinyl or digi, you should be playing your tunes at the highest possible quality. you wouldnt see a band choosing substandard equimpent if they could have the better equipment, same thing with dnb imo

exactly! all dj-s should be audiophiles to some extent.

agree doesnt mean we can afford it though... i like to buy many songs... allow paying almost double for something my limited home studio moniters can pick up

although i do trying do the best as with frequency ranges on headphones and speakers and all the rest and dont mind forking out a little more but to buy 100+ tunes a month for wav would be killer

agree doesnt mean we can afford it though... i like to buy many songs... allow paying almost double for something my limited home studio moniters can pick up

although i do trying do the best as with frequency ranges on headphones and speakers and all the rest and dont mind forking out a little more but to buy 100+ tunes a month for wav would be killer

what you just said is the main reason im glad i still only buy vinyl. even when i was buying silly amounts of vinyl i was some what guilty of what im about to say tho. i find when a tune is so cheap, you just buy it for the sake of it, theres no real quality control in place. i have mates who buy shed loads of mp3's a month and will only play them once or twice. i even have vinyl in my collection that i look back at and think, why the fuck did i buy that?

you have to ask, do you really need to buy 100+ tunes a month and do you actually like them all, or just sometimes buy them for the sake of it? im deffinately guilty of the latter. If you do feel that each one is a worthy purchase, then fair play to you! its your money to spend as you wish to as well. This isnt a dig by the way just quite amazed that you buy so many tunes!

well when i said i 100 was a bit of an exaggeration... but yeah recently ive put in place a quality control measure to try keep it down to like 25 of the "must haves" but there is just sooooo much nice music and id rather spend my money on music, something enjoyable considering i cant get naughties here... all my money goes on what naughties i can get my studio and my music.. like i think forau said... if you really love something you really invest in it

I've really started to pick wisely what to buy and what not lately, so I'm getting like 50 tunes a month now, but when I started to buy music, it was at least double the amount. My problem is that I like very wide spectrum of music and although I rarely buy anything else than drum and bass now, there's still so much great music around I just can't resist.

in 2011 i decided to stop playing vinyls and switch to cdj's, so i bought nothing but wav lossless files, i guess im backwards cause after buying 100 plus wavs, i switched to mp3, after being sent some dubplates over aim as 320 i noticed there just as good imo

if you go to jump up raves they all play 320's on 20 k systems and they sound solid as fuck

TRUTHLY

if you buy a mp3 320 and its shit quality 9 times out of 10 so is the wav file

P.S. every big DJ you go see every weekend is playing 320's for the most part. Give it a year or two and they'll all be on USB sticks as well instead of playing CDRs.

I heard about a well known DJ turning up to a club and nearly didn't get let in because he had two usb sticks and a pair of headphones in a jd sports bag.

Some Psy-Trance rigs set up surround sound speakers to get the typical psy effect to almost encircle the listeners...

i've yet to hear a big surround setup that sounds good, unless you happen to be standing on the 3" square spot right in the middle

good use of stereo and a little doppler is all you need, ur ears after all are stereo, not 5.1

If you're listening to 320s you can only get 160kbps in each ear. To get 360 degree sound you need WAVs. And 3 ears.

Back
Top Bottom