20 Reasons Why WAV Is Better Than MP3 ( By Silent Code )

Paul Ashmore

Audio Animals Mastering
Read Full article here

This article was written by Miss Represent AKA Silent Code and is a very interesting read. A lot of good points highlighted. A fe of my favorite facts she included. Useful links and evidence included.

Fact 2. Storage is so affordable these days, there is no longer an argument for saving a lower quality file.

Fact 11. If a DJ set is full of MP3s, and then recorded, and then compressed again for people at home to listen to, you get even worse information loss and degraded music because it’s been compressed numerous times.

Fact 18. Even though you can’t hear above 20KHz, missing high frequencies perceive how you hear lower frequencies.

Fact 20. MP3 can not code 5.1 stereo surround sound.

Read Full article here

If you degrade music, and advocate something at a lesser quality than what it deserves, you will only degrade your soul.

:lol:

Some interesting points but I'm pretty sure there's about 10 reasons in that article, worded a bit differently each time...

Fact 2. Storage is so affordable these days, there is no longer an argument for saving a lower quality file.

Wav EP costs about the same as a vinyl release

Fact 18. Even though you can’t hear above 20KHz, missing high frequencies perceive how you hear lower frequencies.
bit of a car crash of an article really. This sentence doesn't even make sense. I think she means "missing high frequencies alter how you perceive lower frequencies". Learning English might be useful if you're going to start acting like some digital audio guru.

I liked this bit in the summary:

If you can’t hear the difference, nor do you care about the facts above, that’s cool with me.
Ok. It's cool with her. It's cool...

Next sentence:

What I will state clearly about that is, if you do not care, why don’t you care?

It's not cool any more!

Amateur time, no one with half a brain cell is going to take any of that article seriously.

Never mind how it's written...not really controversial is it? WAVs are a bit better then mp3s does not make for Sunday evening trolling. IMO.

Yeah well it is better there is no doubt... More expensive aswell. At the end of the day I will always buy the CD if I really like it and if it's available, same goes for vinyl. Love that now that vinyl is dying (or not, whatever), the WAV purists emerge :D Don't get why the emphasis on WAV and not other lossless media though!

Great news!

I need this on wav

[video=youtube_share;kXpn8thEGbE]http://youtu.be/kXpn8thEGbE[/video]

320038_10151371407601845_835555795_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom