DnB 2 tracks i want to send

Hey guys. So maybe some of you will remember i posted a thread a while ago with this : http://soundcloud.com/azoteliquid/whistle/s-D37ye , asking if I should send this over. Got a lot of positive feedback so I was waiting to have another track to go along with it to send it.

So I made this : http://soundcloud.com/azoteliquid/alma/s-IOl4M

2 questions : do you think they're good enough too be send to some labels ? And most important questions : if yes, do you have any suggestions of labels that might be interested cause i honestly have no clue about labels. I just know the big names. Will do some research on my own but i'll love to get some leads.

Thanks, sorry i couldnt embed(?) the tracks cause they're private it doesnt work or maybe i'm doing it wrong.

Cheers !

Hey guys. So maybe some of you will remember i posted a thread a while ago with this : http://soundcloud.com/azoteliquid/whistle/s-D37ye , asking if I should send this over. Got a lot of positive feedback so I was waiting to have another track to go along with it to send it.

So I made this : http://soundcloud.com/azoteliquid/alma/s-IOl4M

2 questions : do you think they're good enough too be send to some labels ? And most important questions : if yes, do you have any suggestions of labels that might be interested cause i honestly have no clue about labels. I just know the big names. Will do some research on my own but i'll love to get some leads.

Thanks, sorry i couldnt embed(?) the tracks cause they're private it doesnt work or maybe i'm doing it wrong.

Cheers !

Labels are VERY picky! So just cause if they don't pick your track! Don't fret, someone will like it! :) I suggest shogun for your tracks! or virus! Virus is a great one! Even try for Ram bro! They all like the mellow stuff as well! Just depends on the taste and who you send it to! Only send them sounds you know fits their style though, and for example like write a message "i think this fits your style, otherwise I would not send this, enjoy... blah blah blah" you know! Be proffesional! Be confident! Love your tunes! I fucking love your tunes bro! whos to say others wont? My suggestions are only a few, look around on google search "Drum and bass labels" and you will find them and truly research their sounds! hospital you could try!

Despite having no experience in this field at all, I would imagine that all labels, and some more than others are interested in the more commercial and less experimental/creative tracks.
I kinda think that someone like squarepusher would find it really hard to get signed, not because he's not good, but because you couldn't play that stuff in a club so DJ's wouldn't buy it and it wouldn't spread around.

Therefore, the reverse is true, so if you want to boost your chance of getting signed, make sure you have long drop sections and stuff like that...
I think you should be ok, you've managed to be creative without being wierd.

I'll just get to the point, yes, they are label-worthy, not sure wich labels though haha,

try Soulflex Digital, the label of dnb-forum member Dubsta, getting a tune signed there myself!

nice work mate

Despite having no experience in this field at all, I would imagine that all labels, and some more than others are interested in the more commercial and less experimental/creative tracks.
I kinda think that someone like squarepusher would find it really hard to get signed, not because he's not good, but because you couldn't play that stuff in a club so DJ's wouldn't buy it and it wouldn't spread around.

Therefore, the reverse is true, so if you want to boost your chance of getting signed, make sure you have long drop sections and stuff like that...
I think you should be ok, you've managed to be creative without being wierd.

I disagree. Dj's play whatever in the hell they want haha. They dont always all want a specific sound of club sound... :) try for all of them! We all always hear those more mellowed out releases and what not on many HUGE labels such as Virus, Shogun, Hospital, Ram, etc. You dont need to change anything nor make it any more epic or less intense.. Just keep up your love bro and send away! And be proffesional but fun about it! We are all here to have fun but as well be proffesional about it!

You dont at all actually boost any chance by having long drop sections, huge buildups and an epic drop... in fact it doesnt matter at all. Music is all different and it is up to the creator to make it that! All labels know that! Some just cater to more of the heavy sounds! Those of which actually still do release more mellowed out tracks! :)

Do heavier research as to which label carries your type and style of sound! That is clearly and truly the best solution in the end! but please know that you can send to any of the labels as long as they have that certain style and lightness in their tracks. What about quest by andy c and shimon... yeah it was like what 96 when it was made but nowadays you can say that is crap and has no buildup compared to a noisia tune, when in reality its one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL TRACKS ever made. Not saying you are saying his tracks are crap. Just saying the most extreme example here!

Best of luck alll!

Thank you all for the great feedback and answers. Sent them to 2 labels so far, got some answers already ! Thanks for the cheering and advices !

Back
Top Bottom