2 new tracks on soundcloud

drp81

been off here for a while but thought i'd share a couple of tunes i've been playing around with....

http://soundcloud.com/drp/moving-on

this ones pretty much finished but feedback is always appreciated, more jungle than dnb with some added dirt!!

http://soundcloud.com/drp/tight

still got work to do on this one, been playing around with various fx to see what kinda sounds i can make, again feedback and advice is invaluable, even if just to let me know it's cack!!

:D

I found the intro in moving on to be very repetative, and the bass needed more movement to it IMO.

Tight, on the other hand had a really nice intro with moving sounds to keep the listener interested. When it dropped, the sound of the bass was nice, but personally I thought it may have sounded better as a rolling bass as opposed to the stabbing bass it is currently.

Remember, these are all merely my opinions. If you are happy with your tracks, thats all that matters.

Keep em coming!

Oh, I noticed you joined up to my group on soundcloud, get your tunes posted up mate, dont be shy lol!

thanks for listening and the feedback!!

moving on was just a tune i had been thinking about for a while, needed to get it out of my system cos otherwise i'd just rinse the amen break on every other tune! planning to drop a hip hop accapella over the top of it once i get my decks up and running again, which is why it sounds kinda bare...

wasn't sure if i had too many different fx in tight, is basically an audio progression of my learning!! will be going back to it when i get a chance to smooth it out a bit, think i know what u mean about rolling bass rather than stabby, might fit the tune better. will have a play around and stick the results up.

have whacked a these two into the group page, once i finish off the rest of the ones i'm working on i'll add them also :D

anyone else got anything to add?

nice jungle vibbes man... i liked moving on when it dropped coz it went well offbeat and mad .. which is pretty sick, intro was very empty and quite boring tho...

i think u shud throw in some effects or some switches atleast to keep it more interesting

tight is quite bouncy.. the beat is good. but... still very empty and not very much to entertain the ears tho

thanks for the feedback, is much appreciated :)
will have a look at rearranging the intro to moving on, as it does need something else, kinda chucked it together after i'd made the main meat of the tune so will see what i can do with that. glad u liked it once it dropped lucid, think that's prob my favourite part of it - unsurprisingly that was the bit i made first, then built the rest of the tune around it.

still got a lot to do with tight, might look at changing the key further in to keep it interesting without ramming it full of various effects.

i seem to get to a stage with all my tunes where i've got the bulk of the legwork done, but feel like i need something else to finish them off. this is normally where i fall down, get distracted and start a new tune!

again thanks for the feedback all, has been duly noted and will be acted on when i can find the time :D

Back
Top Bottom